By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NHL: Thread for the 2008-2009 Season

Yeah i heard about the Black & White portion for the Canadiens game, i'll prolly tune in to see what it's like, has potential to be kinda cool.

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Around the Network

http://tsn.ca/columnists/scott_cullen/?id=266990&lid=sublink010&lpos=headlines_nhl

Top lines in the league according to TSN. Some very interesting trade rumors at the bottom. The one that I found most intriguing - Boston going after Pronger. Imagine that D with the behemoths, Pronger and Chara, on the ice. That's a drool-worthy duo to have.

On that, the Owatta Sun states the Sharks in interested in Chris Neil from Owatta....wait what? We already have an enforcer, granted we need more depth at the blueline but i'm not sure he's the best option

That Was Left-Handed

Chris Neil is a talented goon, but I don't see why San Jose would go after him. He'd add some grit, and a physical presence, but the Sharks have both of those components. All the Sharks need is one or two lower end defensemen, that can play top 4 minutes, should an injury occur, but otherwise slotted into the 5-6 slots.

Sweet, beating the Habs (or any other Canadian team) is always enjoyable. Who woulda thunk that Burrows would be a catalyst for the Sedins?

Around the Network

Yeah nice win by the Canucks. My Sharks are killing me right now, lost to the Devils today to complete a absolutely horrid road trip (the Boston game being the only highlight) and the Detroit Red Wings are now #1 in the West by 1 point

That Was Left-Handed

Eh, it's all right, you guys still have a couple of games in hand. That should be enough to overcome the point difference.

man habs fans were everywhere at the garage, almost more red then blue they were talkin shit the entire game. they shut real fast when we got our 1st.

Damn man, how'd you manage to get tickets? Especially for this game? I tried to buy tickets from the beginning of the year, but no one wanted to get rid of them.

First major trade leading up to the trade deadline - Canadiens acquire Schneider and a conditional pick from Atlanta for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=267394&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_nhl

To me, he doesn't seem to have played very well this year, but I guess Gainey felt like he had to shake things up.