By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: We want Xbox 360 to succeed in Japan

lol even sony president prefer the 360.

Around the Network

Lol.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Hmm. Sony and MS versus Nintendo? Kinda like the Dramatic Battle mode in SFA. Ken and Ryu versus M.Bison?

But Ninty's the little guy, right? Or maybe not, ever since the Wii and DS took over the world.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

That's nice.... I guess.....

4 ≈ One

Yea it took Ken and Ryu to take on Bison and even then Bison held his own.. then Akuma kills Gil in one move who is supposed to be stronger than Bison... then Ryu goes all light Hado and 1up's Akuma... but in recent tribulations Ken regular Sho-Ryuken (Not Shin) Ryu's Hado and stops the fight....

SF makes so much sense. ^_^

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Yea it took Ken and Ryu to take on Bison and even then Bison held his own.. then Akuma kills Gil in one move who is supposed to be stronger than Bison... then Ryu goes all light Hado and 1up's Akuma... but in recent tribulations Ken regular Sho-Ryuken (Not Shin) Ryu's Hado and stops the fight....

SF makes so much sense. ^_^

Right!

Or how about Goku and Vegeta. Big rivalry. But had to unite to fight super powerful Majin Bu.

I'm getting carried away...

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

CGI-Quality said:
@ blackstar

errrmmm.... we do.... the Wii says: “Hello Everybody, what's happenin”

i meant a ps2-like winner the one that got all the games all the support when the 3rd parties used to pay to sony to release thier games on PS lol

Shuhei Yoshida is correct about one thing. HD in general is not taking off as well as many expected.

HD consoles will flop this generation due to indifference from consumers.

360 vs PS3 is irrelevant in the grand scheme.

The DS, PSP, and Wii will be the ones to define and shape the gaming world if this trend ensues.

crumas2 said:
I nominate this interview for the title of "Most brazen attempt to sound magnanimous, ever". It sounds as if he's saying, "Between Sony and MS, we can improve the HD-gaming landscape in Japan," but I have to believe he really wants the PS3 to single-handedly trounce both competitors. It just doesn't come off as genuine.

Any company executive would want that for their company.  Difference is that Sony doesn't invent and disgorge anti-MS propaganda on a weekly basis to the extent MS does against Sony.

And to OP: I don't see this (Sony encouraging HD adoption) as being at all equivalent to MS touting Wii60 to beat Sony.  Sony isn't calling for, and doesn't need, Nintendo to do poorly or be wiped off the map.  Which is exactly what MS is trying to spin and money-hat its way into accomplishing vs. Sony.  Which is just business, up until the use of propaganda ("broken promises", which has caught on on the internet) including viral marketing with MS shills.

I have yet to see Sony repeatedly hammer Microsoft on their hardware not working, in the way MS has spun "broken promises"... 

im very happy to owne a ps3