By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the wii start getting main series instead of spin offs?

Its fucking bullshit is what it is. I want Castlevania 2d/3d traditional.
I want RE5 with ir remote. I want some fucking respect

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Its fucking bullshit is what it is. I want Castlevania 2d/3d traditional.
I want RE5 with ir remote. I want some fucking respect

Well said dude.We nintendo fans deserve some respect.

If devs took the time to really come up with solid artistic direction for Wii games then people wouldn't complain so much about the graphical differences. I think there is just an air of uncertainty for devs about whether or not they have the skills/drive to make a successful Wii game.

In the West, never.

In Japan, every company will do it, except for Square Enix, Konami and Capcom.
It's a shame that stubborn companies are willing to ignore the Wii because they hate it.
It's time to move on, but they don't learn. I will laugh a lot when SE goes bankrupt.
I hope it happens, it will be one of the best moments of my life. Giving the Wii a DS port is insulting and deserves the worst of the worst.

I predict FFCC:EoT will sell no more than 20k units LTD WW on the Wii.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

The debate is whether owners of both systems (hardcores i guess) will buy the Wii game over the HD game. Thus far we have seen the answer, so how do we change it?

exclusives? wiimote functionality? ir pointer control? Sell more Wii's? Get 55% market share? At some point developers will wake the fuck up

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
xeroxm3 said:

If devs took the time to really come up with solid artistic direction for Wii games then people wouldn't complain so much about the graphical differences. I think there is just an air of uncertainty for devs about whether or not they have the skills/drive to make a successful Wii game.

Yeah like zack and wiki and no more heroes.

If developers decide there is much less time and more profit to put their main games on the Wii, they will. Thinking there is "no going back" is just delusional. Companies have done that before, and reducing graphics is not going to magically trump the money factor.

That's still an if, but it's not impossible.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

"Conduit is overhyped but that's a topic for another thread."

LOL? who knows about conduit? nintendo fans and small % of neogaf/vgchartz kind of forums yet nobody is claiming: "conduit IS GAME OF DA YEAH" crap.
now look at GOW2, R2, KZ2 and other hd shooters that unlike conduit are only slightly improved graphically versions of their predecesors(conduit is bringing some completely new stuff into the table) yet i read 100 times "game of da yeah" crap eventhough they didn't show anything that would give those games anything more than 7.5-8/10.

if conduit is overhyped than please tell what gow2, r2 and rest of those clones are especially since conduit is the most innovative and fresh game out of all upcoming fps/tps(except mirror's edge)?

yushire said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
yushire said:
The only 3rd party I've known that making spin offs are Konami with Castlevania Judgement

This is amusing because ctk mentions Soul Calibur Legends in the OP.  Did you read it?

What I said was this: And about spin off, I think 3rd parties dont do that anymore even Squeenix they developing for the HD consoles instead.

You must know how to read between the lines...

I forgot skate 2 for the HD consoles and skate it for the wii a spin off.Then if 3rd party for example EA would have change their mind then they would've announce skate 2 for the wii too.But instead there are giving us skate it for both the wii and ds this is similar to what square has done which is to give us echoes of time instead of crystal bearers.

@CTK What is with the "instead of crystal bearers". Nobody said crystal bearers was being replaced by echoes of time.