By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MEGATON! -- S-E SPECIAL PS3 Session with FF13 on 12th October!!

@blackstar

people were making it serious....

Anyways hopefully we will actually have a MEGATON in 2 days time

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

all i'm saying is a lot of people wanted info on this game very badly.
so, no megaton, but it sure is big to finally have gameplay.

And yes: gameplay is huge. nobody wants the game to fail. the hype is so huge right now that people want to see gameplay just to make sure they aren't having a nightmare, get it?

Megaton roffle.

I guess when you've been waiting for new FF13 info for 3 year any scrap SE throws becomes a 'megaton.' For me it's more like 'about damn time.'

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Agreed. Gameplay footage is important for a game that people have been waiting for ages. No more cinematics! Show us the game already!

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Yay!! Now what were those 14 new games?? Can someone please post them on my wall or send a pm or something???

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

where are those 33 other games they were supposed to show.
I also wanna see ff14 footage!!! Now THAT would be megaton.
Or, ff7 remake whatever.
Or if they released every FF game ever made on one BR disc, that would be awesome.

Dgc1808 said:
Yay!! Now what were those 14 new games?? Can someone please post them on my wall or send a pm or something???

they are true and they exist

3 of them are MMO games

tecmo and software games

konami "castlevenia" and bandai "nob nob boy"

one psn game

i dont remember every game

i know that's not what we were hoping for but we got our hopes so high

i was only hoping for team ico game but as i feared sony didn't think that TGS was important enough to show it , E3 is thier only option lol

theprof00 said:
well i did say it wasn't a megaton.

But don't even try to use the reasoning "who can say what is anticipated"
cuz that's a run-around.
Using that logic, ff13 on 360 isn't even a megaton because "who can say if it is really that anticipated"

Exactly. "Using that logic". This was your logic you chose to bring into this topic. I don't remember saying anticipated games that get first gameplay footage shown qualify as "supertons", you did. I spent my time refuting that. So if you have a problem with any of that, it's a problem with your own stance on the issue, not mine.

My point was, there's no way to test anticipation. You can't say 100,000 people are anticipating Halo 4 as an 8 and 50,000 are anticipating FF XIII as an 11, because there's no way to prove that. We tend to find things a bit skewed on message boards here. In our little world, No More Heroes is one of the most anticipated games, and judging by forums you would think it's a multimillion seller. It's not, because in the real world games like Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are much more anticipated. Hell, Madden is more anticipated.

Should we be calling superton or megaton to every game that is highly anticipated that recieves it's first gameplay footage? Here's a list of games from this year, Gears of War 2, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Fable II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, etc. etc. Gosh, that's an awful lot of "superton" announcements.

Your pregnant woman example at the bottom perfectly represented the entirety of the post preceding it. None of it made a lick of sense.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Megaton? Superton? Nuclear Bombs! Are we sure this thread isn't a Fallout 3 plug?

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

@ darth :
the site here is full of serious people lol
this is the first and the only site i registered in so i don't know about the others