By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MEGATON! -- S-E SPECIAL PS3 Session with FF13 on 12th October!!

^triple post lol
@soriku, i think they were giving out adult diapers at the entrance to the screening.
at least that's what "furee daipuru" means in japanese. I was there, it gives me a +4 to fortitude

Around the Network
blackstar said:
you what else is a megaton ? versus game play 8)

Oh....thats a

Gigaton

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

im very exited about it hope gameplay video

theprof00 said:
onyx, you do have to agree that ff13 on 360 raised the bar in terms of megaton announcements.

FF XIII going multiplatform was the gaming industry equivalent of Jesus turning water into wine. It made the impossible possible. Every game from now on will be heavily speculated to go multiplatform because of this. It truly did change our perceptions of how different things could change in one generation. It didn't really raise the bar though, since Square pulled something equally as shocking when Nintendo lost FF VII for the Playstation. I just think it's been a long time since something this shocking happened. FF XIII was supposed to be the untouchable one. This is coming from someone with very little interest in the game also, no matter where it shows up.

@leo-j-I don't think people are going "Oh whatever, it's multiplatform so who cares". I just think they want to walk into a topic labeled MEGATON! and not feel like they've been had. FF XIII gameplay footage is big to FF fans the same way as Oboro pictures are big to Oboro fans. The same way Gears 2 multiplayer info is big to those fans. It doesn't make any of them MEGATONS, or even anything in the vacinity of one. These are expected occurences. Who realistically didn't expect Square to have gameplay footage ready for TGS when there is a demo coming out in five months in that JPN PS3 bundle?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

yes onyx, see we do agree! :P
This is coming from someone with huge interest in the game also, no matter where it shows up.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Konnichiwa

this is HUGE....it is a 45 Min session

most probably gameplay will be there....OPEN to the public (yes tickets are present...but its not in a closed theatre atleast)

& for Japan FF13 is still PS3 exclusive

so SONY ENDS their TGS with a 45 Min FF13 Session...that my friend is HUGE for them!

No it's not. That game is on the 360 too. Was the new RE5 trailer huge for Microsoft, lol?

You're just trying to be overly entheusastic because Sony hasn't shown anything at the TGS at all, worth noting. Sony can't take credit for the SE special just because they game was developed on PS3 hardware, sheesh. Desperate.

Zen, do you live under a rock? FF13 IS in FACT an exclusive for Japan.

so when is the show beginning?

''Hadouken!''

Smashed said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Konnichiwa

most probably gameplay will be there....OPEN to the public (yes tickets are present...but its not in a closed theatre atleast)

so SONY ENDS their TGS with a 45 Min FF13 Session...that my friend is HUGE for them!

No it's not. That game is on the 360 too. Was the new RE5 trailer huge for Microsoft, lol?

You're just trying to be overly entheusastic because Sony hasn't shown anything at the TGS at all, worth noting. Sony can't take credit for the SE special just because they game was developed on PS3 hardware, sheesh. Desperate.

Yes, thank you, I know this. However, it has nothing to do with anything I've said. It's trying to divert attention away from the real issue of this thread, which is that Sony's press conference was dissapointing for most people, and a showing that we already knew about isn't an accouncement, and doesn't help their conference meet the expectations we set for it. The general assertion of the OP is that Sony has somehow came back and delivered a good show, and we must no longer be dissapointed? No. Something needs to be announced, or at least revealed, for internet 2.0(us) to give them credit for actually doing something. MS had two significant surprises at their show. One of them bad for Sony. Sony has had no surprises yet, and showing us FFXIII(which Sony isn't doing anyway, SE is, and which we all expected weeks ago) isn't a boon to Sony's lackluster performance at TGS so far. Let's save the faux excitement for real surprises, shall we?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Smashed said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Konnichiwa

Yes, thank you, I know this. However, it has nothing to do with anything I've said. It's trying to divert attention away from the real issue of this thread, which is that Sony's press conference was dissapointing for most people, and a showing that we already knew about isn't an accouncement, and doesn't help their conference meet the expectations we set for it. The general assertion of the OP is that Sony has somehow came back and delivered a good show, and we must no longer be dissapointed? No. Something needs to be announced, or at least revealed, for internet 2.0(us) to give them credit for actually doing something. MS had two significant surprises at their show. One of them bad for Sony. Sony has had no surprises yet, and showing us FFXIII(which Sony isn't doing anyway, SE is, and which we all expected weeks ago) isn't a boon to Sony's lackluster performance at TGS so far. Let's save the faux excitement for real surprises, shall we?

exclusive ..

in..

japan.. desu ! (didn't read your post btw)

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:

exclusive ..

in..

japan.. desu ! (didn't read your post btw)

I read yours. Didn't get much out of it. Mind explaining yourself?

I do know at Microsoft's show, they announced some actual new, games, for their console. Did Sony do that? When they do, their conference will be fine. When they don't, it's a dissapointment. See how that works?

I think Sony did announce some new games. Did they satiate your expectations?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.