By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicles - MEDIA BLOWOUT Official Thread - JRPG Of The Year!

FinalEvangelion said:
quoting my self from another forum

Now my impressions from White Knight Chronicles trailer - It's definitely looking like the first AAA jRPG for PS3. They showed the interview that was already translated, a bunch of gameplay videos, and the new trailer. The character creation system looked great and environments were beautiful. The battle system looks nice as well. First day purchase for me for sure. Expect more news about this game on October 31st because I got a card with a code for some exclusive info to people who viewed the WKC stuff.

Nice. I can't wait till it's localized in Canada its a Pre-Order game for me.

October 31st gotta remeber that. If that code yo got gives you some info somehow plese be sure to tell us.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Yeah sorry, from these media Fable 2 wins rpg of the year, and if this is not as good as FF7 then sorry again but LO is JRPG of thyear. IT came out in March. LO in my opinion is actually a little better than FF7. Better VA, more emotional and great battle system.

cant say that i agree...... The character design, story ect isnt as good as ff7, ff8, ff9, ff10 or ff12.

Some scenes in LO was so emberassing to watch. Especially when they find grandma.. I had to turn the sound off and look away. Still a good game though, the only decent rpg this gen imo.

@Detoxlayer

according to SCEA it will release by the end of this fiscal year...so by April at the latest in NA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Detoxlayer

according to SCEA it will release by the end of this fiscal year...so by April at the latest in NA

Well thats good news if its true.

well unless they lied its definetely true

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
quoting my self from another forum

Now my impressions from White Knight Chronicles trailer - It's definitely looking like the first AAA jRPG for PS3. They showed the interview that was already translated, a bunch of gameplay videos, and the new trailer. The character creation system looked great and environments were beautiful. The battle system looks nice as well. First day purchase for me for sure. Expect more news about this game on October 31st because I got a card with a code for some exclusive info to people who viewed the WKC stuff.

Oct 31st. Gotta remember that.

I 2nd this.

Dunno if it comes with English subtitles... for the Japanese release... because R3 tend to just get the game from Japan...

As an old school JRPG fan, this game seems to have that rare charm that make JRPG's what they are.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

selnor said:
Yeah sorry, from these media Fable 2 wins rpg of the year, and if this is not as good as FF7 then sorry again but LO is JRPG of thyear. IT came out in March. LO in my opinion is actually a little better than FF7. Better VA, more emotional and great battle system.

its a different story line improved graphics (DUH) FFX.

same battle system similar styling.

they even have elementals (the monsters).

selnor said:

I'd just like to add: no shit LO had better VA then FF7.  It would have to really suck to be worse than a game with absolutely no voice acting whatsoever.

Other than that, please carry on.