By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Rising Wii is a terrible, terrible idea (Final Build)

Dallinor said:
We'll see when sales figures come in how "terrible" the idea was.

Is that what we have come to?  You'll defend a game because it'll sell well?  I am disappointed by this game...it doesn't look at all as fun as the original.  Did you play the original?

I thought we judge games on quality, not if they're going to sell well.  With your argument, I guess Carnival Games is better than RE4: Wii Edition or Metroid Prime 3?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
yushire said:
Im still not convinced about this till I've seen the real final build of the game or someone actually played the game.

When I've seen the trailer there are 10-20 zombies on the screen at a time. I think kotaku just bashing the game because of a demo...

Does it really matter?  It's clear this is as close to a final build as it's going to get.

They're not suddenly going to throw 100 more zombies onscreen.  He said he was in an earlier stage...so maybe the number of zombies jumps from 6 to 10-20 later on...woohoo.  This is one game where the numbers really matter...the whole point is to run around bashing zombies with random objects.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Hmm the OT post does not seem valid in my eyes - I still have my hopes up for this one..

goddog said:
mike_intellivision said:
Looking at the new trailer from TGS, there are 30ish zombies on screen at the 32 second mark.

In most game play sections though, it does appear that you are facing between 6-10 zombies at any one time.

This may actually be more realistic, however. As anyone who has been to a shopping mall recently knows that they are more empty than they were 5-10 years ago as people visit "town center" shopping complexes instead.

Mike from Morgantown

trying to rationalize the reduction in zombies based on real world, that seems like a stretch. also form what dead rising showed zombies were headed to the mall from all over town. and without the tunnel level crawling with zombies, this game will always be missing something, i remember deadwalking above them to escape after i had used up all my weapons .... and zombie walking god that was fun.  or even upstairs in between the gun and knife shop so many zombies to kill 

I think he was being sarcastic here.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Arkk said:
I'll tell you how they could have made this game MUCH better... probably even better than the original........................................ If they can only put maybe 20 zombies on screen at once, they should have made them like the 28 Weeks Later zombies. Extremely fast and aggressive and hard to get away from. This would have upped the tension and suspense, and would have made for a great time trying to shoot at them if they dodged your bullets on the way in.

Instead, they have 20 zombies..... going seriously slow and just making it too damn easy. I haven't played the game yet, but in all honesty, it really doesn't bode well when a preview has this type of tone.

Ever play Dead Rising on the X360?

The whole gist of Dead Rising was that the game centered around American zombies, and the ideals that George A. Romero built with the Of The Dead series. Adding in 28wk later zombies is counter to what DR established.

I thought the Wii could do some amazing stuff? Even the Playstation 2 could do high numbers of enemies at once...But not a few lumbering zombies?

Hopefully, though, Capcom realizes they are giving a magnificent game a shoddy port. Wii fans don't deserved a half-baked version of an awesome game. That'd be like us X360 owners getting Super Mario Galaxy X360 with the quality of an Atari/Stainless XBLA game.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Oh, it should be noted:

In the beginning of DR on X360, there are not many zombies. Kotaku should have known that and ran straight for the underground garage - which in the X360 version, had 50+ zombies onscreen at once (if not in the hundreds). The concourse may not be the best area to argue enemy counts over....If it was @ the start of the game. Zombie numbers slowly grow throughout the game as more and more pour in to the store.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

yushire said:
Im still not convinced about this till I've seen the real final build of the game or someone actually played the game.

When I've seen the trailer there are 10-20 zombies on the screen at a time. I think kotaku just bashing the game because of a demo...

LordTheNightKnight, is that you?

And yeah, I'm not surprised (in fact I was about to post this story :-p).

Someone should post the Hitman PS2 comparison here again.

Knowing that the Zombies are as dumb as they ever were, and only ten or so on screen at one time, means that Hitman looks better than this game.

lulz.

BenKenobi88 said:
yushire said:

Does it really matter?  It's clear this is as close to a final build as it's going to get.

They're not suddenly going to throw 100 more zombies onscreen.  He said he was in an earlier stage...so maybe the number of zombies jumps from 6 to 10-20 later on...woohoo.  This is one game where the numbers really matter...the whole point is to run around bashing zombies with random objects.

Im not asking for 100 zombies at a time anyway, I just want the game similar close to be like RE4. Its the reason why they port this game anyway to the Wii anyway...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

i can tell this game looks crap, and i don't think i will buy it but i just cant take that kotaku guy Luke Plunkett serious, just check his previous articles.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434