By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Rising Wii is a terrible, terrible idea (Final Build)

Well, now at least I can not buy the game and not have to worry about failing to support a serious developer effort. They clearly stopped trying at some point.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network
Millennium said:
Well, now at least I can not buy the game and not have to worry about failing to support a serious developer effort. They clearly stopped trying at some point.

I guess the developers at Capcom saw the limitations and said the hell with it. Lets just leave it like that Wii owners will probably still buy it.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

melbye said:
This is what happens when they make a game with a team of 10 people and minimal budget, that's why this game sucks

What this guy said.  All other excuses are invalid.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Dallinor said:
We'll see when sales figures come in how "terrible" the idea was.

Anyway they are always gonna spin the sales figures.

If it sells bad =>  Yeah 3d Party don't sell on the Wii
It it sells good => Yeah crap sells well on the Wii;..

LMAO.

konnichiwa said:
Dallinor said:

LMAO.

I'm going with that one. The core gamers who are starving for games will buy it. Casual gamers will buy it as just another Wii title and won't care if it sucks.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

I want to see someone else besides Kotaku -- which has not always been Wii-friendly -- comment on this game. If you read what is said, is says to me that the author's basic premise is that the game is not worth playing because it doesn't have a Dynasty Warrior level of zombies on screen.

Nevertheless, it does appear that this could be a "good idea gone bad" situation.

Time, refinement, and reviews will tell. It might be a bargain basement pickup now instead of a Day 1 purchase for me.

Also, this shows the difference between ports and builds (Mushroom Men).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

And it's still not definitive that this game is gonna suck. I mean ok this report sounds quite negative but theres still work in progress so maybe they'll fix some of this stuff before release. It's just one opinion, i'll wait for the first reviews before i make my decision.

I am starting to think when they decided to make the game the conversation went something like this

"so which game can we port to the wii in a horrid fashion so that it bad sales can justify us no spending on the wii, this time it needs to be a current gen game that has already done well"
"well sir there is dead rising, since we no longer wish to develop this series. we thought it would fail on the 360. if the wii version fails, it shows there is no demand for the game, and we can can it"
"ah very good, then its decided, evelop the wii game so it has motion controls, take out what ever was fun in the game and add something, so it will sell enough to cover costs then launch it without play testing it"

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

XGamer0611 said:
konnichiwa said:
Dallinor said:

LMAO.

I'm going with that one. The core gamers who are starving for games will buy it. Casual gamers will buy it as just another Wii title and won't care if it sucks.

this game is coming out around same time as the conduit and madworld, the core gamer will not buy it if it sucks since there are other good games coming at that time.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

This game may sell, but not due to its merrit. It is a highly gimped port that suffers in the visuals as they attempt to force it to a platform it wasn't designed for.

I would have much prefered the resources go to a new franchise or entry in a franchise designed from the ground up for Wii, or if they must do a port, port RE5, for christ sake.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X