By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony=Disappointment. Microsoft takes the win again

Sony was very disappointing because of all the hype I read on this site. I am still waiting for a reason to dish out $400. I am thinking I just have to wait for God of War 3 to come out to finally decide if I want to buy one or not. I cant believe how little info was released for WKC. Doesnt it come out in 2 1/2 months in Japan and this is TGS and they had a special news conference about it!!! WTF?

I am pretty happy with MS. Tekken 6 was huge even if it was leaked a couple hours before the show. I am an old school fan who was excited about that game coming out even if it was only on the PS3. Now I have more of a reason to be excited about it!! Hopefully fighting games will become more popular again with SF4 and now T6 going multiplat.

SO4 trailer was the best trailer shown IMO and TLR looked good too. I am more hyped for those JRPGS!

Everyone is down playing the new Halo game too much. They are making it more tactical and the online play is going to be HUGE! If that was MGS 4.5 announced instead with a brand new campaign people on this site people would be crying they have to wait until September. The new Halo game could easily outsell MGS4.... but you guys are right no big thing...

Around the Network

boo sony! boo!

Spiteful49 said:

Sony was very disappointing because of all the hype I read on this site. I am still waiting for a reason to dish out $400. I am thinking I just have to wait for God of War 3 to come out to finally decide if I want to buy one or not. I cant believe how little info was released for WKC. Doesnt it come out in 2 1/2 months in Japan and this is TGS and they had a special news conference about it!!! WTF?

I am pretty happy with MS. Tekken 6 was huge even if it was leaked a couple hours before the show. I am an old school fan who was excited about that game coming out even if it was only on the PS3. Now I have more of a reason to be excited about it!! Hopefully fighting games will become more popular again with SF4 and now T6 going multiplat.

SO4 trailer was the best trailer shown IMO and TLR looked good too. I am more hyped for those JRPGS!

Everyone is down playing the new Halo game too much. They are making it more tactical and the online play is going to be HUGE! If that was MGS 4.5 announced instead with a brand new campaign people on this site people would be crying they have to wait until September. The new Halo game could easily outsell MGS4.... but you guys are right no big thing...

So many things wrong with this post.

1.  Yes the hype did get to people (SE's event anyone)... but Sony did exactly what they were suppose to do... here and Liepzig... and E3... Which was show games. Just because everyone expect some huge things doesn't mean sony was disapointing. Let's see... Quatum Theory, WKC info, Demon's Soul, Yakuza 3 trailer and more...(exactly like SE's event) sounds pretty good to me..

2. Little info? Plot was released, 4 player co-op was released with info(different game online supposidly), Character backgrounds... what else were you asking for?

3. Tekken 6 might be big for you... but someone like me who never owned a fighting game... since MK trilogy... whoop... dee... do... I'm sure many others feel the same way.

4. SF4 wasn't always multi?

5. Hm... Halo 3 8 million sold... MGS3 and 4 less than 5 million... you really think Halo 3 recon will sell more? What ever gave you that idea?

Sure, but how about the Wii. Pretty awesome.

sony talk about psp more than ps3

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:

1. Yes the hype did get to people (SE's event anyone)... but Sony did exactly what they were suppose to do... here and Liepzig... and E3... Which was show games. Just because everyone expect some huge things doesn't mean sony was disapointing. Let's see... Quatum Theory, WKC info, Demon's Soul, Yakuza 3 trailer and more...(exactly like SE's event) sounds pretty good to me..

I think the point is, Sony said they would show NEW GAMES, and people were expecting big titles from well known franchises, they didn't get that, and they are rightfully so, I mean look at the PS2's franchises library, what possesses Sony in their state right now (Losing money and losing this gen) to go untested formula's as opposed to what works and what sells?

2. Little info? Plot was released, 4 player co-op was released with info(different game online supposidly), Character backgrounds... what else were you asking for?

3. Tekken 6 might be big for you... but someone like me who never owned a fighting game... since MK trilogy... whoop... dee... do... I'm sure many others feel the same way.

You're kidding right? Quite the opposite, MANY others believe Tekken 6 is HUGE (probably because it was always believed to be a PS3 exclusive forever)

5. Hm... Halo 3 8 million sold... MGS3 and 4 less than 5 million... you really think Halo 3 recon will sell more? What ever gave you that idea?

I think Halo 3: Recon will be around 3-5 million, which means it's possible. It's not like it's a non-name game, which is probably why Bungie attached Halo 3 to the title. It's like how Nintendo attaches Wii to their games (Sports, Music, Play, Fit) and they sell buttloads despite being demo's.

I love it how PS3 fanboys dismiss a game once it because multiplatform. If MGS4 went multiplatform: "It's a niche market game, no one cares about it"

CAL4M1TY said:

I love it how PS3 fanboys dismiss a game once it because multiplatform. If MGS4 went multiplatform: "It's a niche market game, no one cares about it"

all fanboys act like this, hence why they are called fanboys.

CAL4M1TY said:
LOL MATURE said:

1. Yes the hype did get to people (SE's event anyone)... but Sony did exactly what they were suppose to do... here and Liepzig... and E3... Which was show games. Just because everyone expect some huge things doesn't mean sony was disapointing. Let's see... Quatum Theory, WKC info, Demon's Soul, Yakuza 3 trailer and more...(exactly like SE's event) sounds pretty good to me..

I think the point is, Sony said they would show NEW GAMES, and people were expecting big titles from well known franchises, they didn't get that, and they are rightfully so, I mean look at the PS2's franchises library, what possesses Sony in their state right now (Losing money and losing this gen) to go untested formula's as opposed to what works and what sells?

You're kidding right? Quite the opposite, MANY others believe Tekken 6 is HUGE (probably because it was always believed to be a PS3 exclusive forever)

I think Halo 3: Recon will be around 3-5 million, which means it's possible. It's not like it's a non-name game, which is probably why Bungie attached Halo 3 to the title. It's like how Nintendo attaches Wii to their games (Sports, Music, Play, Fit) and they sell buttloads despite being demo's.

did i dismiss it because its multiplat? no i dismissed it because it was a fight. And sales show the game is severly lacking. Last few game hasnt passed 2 mil... how HUGE is that?

and they didn't show new games? Thats news to me... Yakuza 3, Quantum Theory, and Demons Soul.... thought those were just announced.... Though Yakuza 3 had some screens last week... maybe 2... okay yeah I guess that is old...

(And let's not forget the Infamous and WKC info that was shown... which is what these events are for)

Oh and nice sarcasim detector you have.

Why is it that neither IGN nor Gamespot nor many other gaming sites are reporting the news that is Castlevania headed for the HD systems?

Dude, TGS ends 12.10 or as you say in america 10.12

Take my love, take my land..