Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN Top 25 Xbox 360 games

Onyxmeth said:

IGN finished the list.

5. Grand Theft Auto IV
4. Halo 3
3. Call of Duty 4
2. Gears of War
1. Mass Effect

Yeah I was a bit shocked to see Mass Effect at #1. I really need to get around to playing that game.

Spoiler, it's good, but not nearly as good as CoD4, Gears of War, or Bioshock. In my correct opinion.

Game is really buggy. Pretty good story, fun battle system, KoToR pwns it. It's not even in the same league as Bioshock, or CoD4, honestly. It's comparable to Gears, but still arguably worse.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Commando said:
Yeah Mass effect is on my list. But its behind Fable II and MK vs. DC.

Suprised they gave 4 to Halo 3.

I dunno about Gears of War. I'll admit I've only got through Act 1. I like it a lot but, damn it doesn't stand up to Bioshock IMO at all! (Single Player at any rate).

It's a very good game, and it's interesting but it isnt the greatest thing since grilled cheese.

Is the multiplayer in the game that good to justify people praising it as one of the best?

I played up until the first use of the Hammer of Dawn, and quit. I hated Gears. Then, I went back and beat it later, and it has managed to make my top 5 360 games, which says a lot about it. Just beat it, and then see what you think. You will actually end up liking the characters, and the gameplay is quite fun, though difficult to learn, and an acquired taste. I easily rank it as AAA on single player alone, and give it a 9/10. I'd recommend a buy, just for the 6 or 7 hour single player campaign. Excellence.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

OK thanks Zen.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Commando said:
OK thanks Zen.

Let us know how it ends up, one way or another. I hope you'll be plesantly surprised. Co-op is also really great for that game, so just post on my wall or in this thread when you beat it.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

wow I just updated it. How is Mass Effect first!

My Guess on the top 5 would've been

5. Mass Effect
4. Call of Duty 4
3. Halo 3
2. Gears of War
1. Grand Theft Auto IV

Around the Network

What a load of rubbish! Lost Odyssey is no where in the list!

Mass Effect is the awesomeness.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Onyxmeth said:

IGN finished the list.

5. Grand Theft Auto IV
4. Halo 3
3. Call of Duty 4
2. Gears of War
1. Mass Effect

Yeah I was a bit shocked to see Mass Effect at #1. I really need to get around to playing that game.

Ha, just like I predicted in the second post. How come they rate GTAIV a 10 and then put it fifth? Mass Effect is a good game (played it on PC) but it's not that great, not more than an 8 or 8.5

The main problems with this list are the choice of RPG (no LO, or TOV??)...and forza being so high on the list....

zexen_lowe said:
Onyxmeth said:

IGN finished the list.

5. Grand Theft Auto IV
4. Halo 3
3. Call of Duty 4
2. Gears of War
1. Mass Effect

Ha, just like I predicted in the second post. How come they rate GTAIV a 10 and then put it fifth? Mass Effect is a good game (played it on PC) but it's not that great, not more than an 8 or 8.5

It's because only one editor does the review for GTA IV, but the entire IGN 360 editing team voted to make the list. I guess not everybody felt it was a 10.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.