By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do graphics add gameplay?

Do you think that graphics add gameplay?

I would argue that the answer is no. Mostly because many old game are still considered good even though the graphics compared to the moder standard of games are very poor. Games like ocarina of time and Finaly fantasy VII are still considered the creme de la creme, even though they are old.

However, people seem to bwlieve that graphics do add gameplay

So do you think that graphics add gameplay or not

Around the Network

No they don't. The only games that graphics actually matter are FPSs

Graphics don't matter much to me, I still play my 2600 more than any other system I own (except for my PS2)

highwaystar101 said:

Do you think that graphics add gameplay?

I would argue that the answer is no. Mostly because many old game are still considered good even though the graphics compared to the moder standard of games are very poor. Games like ocarina of time and Finaly fantasy VII are still considered the creme de la creme, even though they are old.

However, people seem to bwlieve that graphics do add gameplay

So do you think that graphics add gameplay or not

Technically,  good graphics add absolutely nothing to gameplay, but I like them anyways.

Good graphics make things pretty, and who doesn't like pretty things?

Now parts of a system allow some gameplay that wouldn't work on other systems, but that's not the same as having the most detailed graphics.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

They can ENHANCE gameplay but they won't add to it. A textured square block flies just the same as a super sexy square with titties on it.

Would Shadow of the Colossus have had near the impact had it been a ps1 game?

So many of the subtle touches would've been lost like Wander's gradual transition into a demon.

Graphics add to gameplay. Go play an Atari game then come back and tell me they don't.

Not for 2D games. Those are all pretty, but the very early 3D games looked horrible and honestly I wouldn't play some of them again. So yes it adds gameplay in some ways

Griffin said:
Graphics add to gameplay. Go play an Atari game then come back and tell me they don't.

My atari 1200 is damn sexy