By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Avatars REQUIRED.

it will suck for arcade owners thats 256less memory on an already measly card, i guess MS wants those arcade owners to buy hdd upgrades

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

Around the Network

^ok

Still sucks that it is forced though. I will never use the thing.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Jandre002 said:
Wait its required yet you have to have 256mb to make an Avatar?

Does this mean....Arcade owners can't play online?

Hmmmmm.....good question.  256mb for an Avatar seems like a large amount of required space.  I am sure that will be corrected, considering if you are an Arcade owner you would either need a completely empty memory card, or (2) cards.  One card for your avatars and the other for saves...ect.  I highly doubt the 256mb will stick come game day..... but we shall see.

i think im missing something...where does it say it will take 256mb to save an avatar?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

^^ Correction.

I had forgot the new cards were 512, but still 256 is a lot of space for an avatar?

Around the Network

People who don't have at least a 512 memory unit are too pitiful to go online anyway. The ONE guy I know just plays games on the thing.

I'm sure I remember reading that if you don't have enough room it just won't save the avatar and you'll have to go through the whole process every time you fire up your 360.

I just checked 6 major retailers and all Arcades come with 256mb.

that would piss me off, i dont want to change from my current pic, and what if i want to use myself for the avatar huh? i still hope i get to go back and keep the old stuff

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

^ Your right!

So arcade owners are getting shafted already! Ouch.

Now how to save your game?

This is why arcade is stupid. Now pay $50 for another card or just get the 60GB to begin with for just $50 more.

If they were smart, they wouldn't make something stupid like this mandatory.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!