By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LittleBigPlanet vs. Fable 2, Resistance 2 vs. Gears of War 2

twesterm said:
LBP will sell more than Fable II but neither will sell the huge insane amounts people are expecting. They will actually be pretty close to each other I'm thinking.

Gears 2 will outsell Resistance 2 by a lot. Gears sold well because it was an actual good game, Resistance sold well because there was nothing else at the time.

Even so, Resistance DID get those sales (so it has exposure).  And it did WAY better than Perfect Dark Zero, which might be considered comparable (launch FPS with few alternatives).  I think that your stated reason only makes sense if you think that Gears 2 will also be a much better game than Resistance 2.  Do you? 

[edit:  Resistance seems to have pretty damn decent legs.  That doesn't happen unless people like what it has to offer.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
misterd said:
  I expect LBP to sell 1-2 million

I think it will go higher than 2 million. Little Big Planet seems more and more like a legs game than a front loaded one. It won't break 1 million in it's first week, I don't think it will come close. But it's going to be a lot like Mario & Sonic. Not in the sense it will sell beyond what everyone is assuming, but that it's going to surprise people when it pushes into the 3 million bracket.

the truth iin sales LBP > GeoW2 > Resistance 2 > Fable 2

F.U. Fun University.

Cueil said:
bugrimmar said:
Edge: LittleBigPlanet. Simply because of the amount of marketing going behind it. Both titles have the potential to be big hits, but the mother company's backing of LBP, I think, will be the determining factor.
I'd give it to Fable 2 just because it's a big release for the 360 and got super good press at E3 and since.  However just like LBP it'll sell mostly to current 360 owners... though I think both games will cause people to go multiplatform

I disagree, because LBP is also a "big release" that "got super good press at E3 and since".  So that is not an advantage for Fable 2.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

gera4390 said:

I think you might be in for a rude awakening when GoeW2 launches.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
gera4390 said:

I think you might be in for a rude awakening when GoeW2 launches.

yeah we'll see, I don't really know what's gonna be the impact of LBP.

I can say that GeoW2, is sure reaching like 6 mil lifetime may be, about LBP I don't know I'll get a hint the first weeks when It comes out.            and Resistance 2 > Fable 2 hands down

F.U. Fun University.

LittleBigPlanet-> Fable 2

Gears of War2-> Resistance 2

Overall:

Gears of War2->LittleBigPlanet->Resistance 2-->Fable 2

It's a long shot for LBP to outsell Gears 2. The install bases for each system are the reason. Gears 2 is right up the alley of 360 owners. And at 21 million now, and based on Gears 1, you know it's going to top 5 million units. Then you've got LBP which is selling to a base of under 16 million right now, and it's not right up the alley of the common PS3 owner.

That's not to say I won't be pleasantly surprised if LBP is able to push over 5 million and possibly Gears 2 in it's LTD totals. LBP is the first PS3 game I genuinely want to do amazingly.

I want LBP to do great also since it appeals to everyone. Well not everyone, but more friendly than FPS games. Also a lot of marketing is being invested into it.

I just hate FPS games, you get a gun, point and shoot. A never ending cycle in FPS games, its just no fun to me to brag about how good you are in a shooting game. If it was a real life scenario, different story.

I think LBP can do great WW, while Gears of War 2 do good in America and Europe, not in Japan. While LBP can do great in all regions. Resistance 2 is a bit tricky, it first was released on the system when PS3 came out and had no install base to begin with. Now that it is in its second year, I am sure sales will be higher than it was in the first game, but probably not enough to beat Gears of War 2.

Fable 2.... no comment.

Veggie said:
It's a long shot for LBP to outsell Gears 2. The install bases for each system are the reason. Gears 2 is right up the alley of 360 owners. And at 21 million now, and based on Gears 1, you know it's going to top 5 million units. Then you've got LBP which is selling to a base of under 16 million right now, and it's not right up the alley of the common PS3 owner.

That's not to say I won't be pleasantly surprised if LBP is able to push over 5 million and possibly Gears 2 in it's LTD totals. LBP is the first PS3 game I genuinely want to do amazingly.

yeahh it's not gonna be easy as I said I don't know what are the chances to LBP but I don't see it impossible. BTW, is that u on the pic, and iis that Adrian Grenier?

F.U. Fun University.