By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Left 4 Dead Artwork! (56k warning... anybody still have 56k?)

I just finished reading World War Z... I love Zombies.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Graphics seem lackluster, but hopefully valve will make it up with fluid motion and high fps. I feel bad for anyone not getting this on their PC, The mod community will have a field day with this game.

@stof
That book is phenominal, did you know max brooks is the son of the famous comedian mel brooks? I shat bricks when I learned that, a comic genius and literary genius all in the same family....man what luck huh.

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

i wish left 4 dead was coming to the wii.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

BenKenobi88 said:

Valve has released some new artwork, including a movie-style poster, concept art for the Smoker and Boomer, and I'll post some screenshots released yesterday as well.  Click the images to see them full-size.

Screenshots

Personally I love the poster...Valve is supposed to advertise this game more than any of their previous games by far, and the style they've chosen is great.

I didn't know they got Marlon Brando to be in this.  Looks good though, good find Ben.

Dystopian Delight said:
Graphics seem lackluster, but hopefully valve will make it up with fluid motion and high fps. I feel bad for anyone not getting this on their PC, The mod community will have a field day with this game.

@stof
That book is phenominal, did you know max brooks is the son of the famous comedian mel brooks? I shat bricks when I learned that, a comic genius and literary genius all in the same family....man what luck huh.

I don't know...the graphics look good to me...just look at all the shinies on the boomer up there.  But yes, Valve makes games that run very smoothly, and it's very easy to get high FPS with a typical gaming PC.

There's plenty of new graphical stuff though, like self-shadowing walls (bricks casting their own shadows), tons of dynamic lighting...but there are so many zombies and explosions going on at once, it can't be uber amazing I guess.  I think if you played it, you'd have no complaints really. 

Plus, look at the screenshots, they're 2560x1600...that's like 1600p, that's more than double the vertical res. of a typical 360/PS3 game.

Anyway I agree about the mods...PC is where it's at for L4D because of the potential mods.

And holy crap I read World War Z and never knew he was Mel Brooks' son.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

shameless buuuuuuuuump

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

stof said:
Alright, I don't know nearly enough about this game (but if I had the right system/computer, it would be a day one purchase). I assume it's only those 4 people you can play as? Not that it's a big issue though, the game looks awesome. Purely awesome.

I'm pretty sure there are a few more skins.  I don't remember the black guy being one of the chars in the E3 playthrough.

Can't wait for this game.

No idea though on when I'd be able to buy it so I hope Valve will have some free weekends with it so I can at least play the full game (yes, I know there will be a demo).

BenKenobi88 said:
shameless buuuuuuuuump

*Reports!

Looks great, but yeah the Source Engine is at it's limit. Can't wait for the next engine and HL3