By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 6. Is no longer a exclusive

leo-j said:

Yea well that may not be the full story, I agree that it looks like sony doesnt give a F#ck about 3rd party developers this gen, and to me it looks like it, they are loosing exclusives every single time there is a conference.. Now according to Jack tretton, they are focusing on 1st party developement, so you cant just say "SONY ONLY CARES ABOUT PROFIT, AND BLU-RAY NOT ABOUT GAMES AND MARKET SHARE", because they did say they are shifting there support from  3rd party exclusives to 1st party development, and look at were that has gotten nintendo.

Granted, but you asked for a specific reason as to why 3rd party developers are moving away from Sony exclusives, and as I thought, you already knew the answer. Sony isn't funding 3rd parties, opting to move towards first party development, by buying developers, and not paying publishers.

That said, Sony doesn't ONLY care about short term profit. They just obviously care more about it at the moment, than building on the recently degraded Playstation brand name. The company has been struggling in the profit sector lately, and short term revitiliaztion is obviously a priority. Greedy shareholders, and whatnot.

Now, as far as your assertion that Sony could be planning for a long term brand revival by boulstering their first party support, that's a very good point, and one I hadn't considered. I accept it as a valid contradiction to my argument.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

That's F*ked!!!!!!!! Screw MS. My Hatred is taking me to the darkside. MS and 360 can go to Hell!!! *ok I'm good!

But seriously... M$ are going for every ps game of last gen - It doesn't mean it's going to work. I think M$ downfall will be going for Japan and neglecting the others.

Look at the Square Conf. I bet M$ and making it doom and gloom and seeing M$ is American - they know how to reach the global market. It's all full of shit!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I'm so surprised lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

finalsquall said:
That's F*ked!!!!!!!! Screw MS. My Hatred is taking me to the darkside. MS and 360 can go to Hell!!! *ok I'm good!

But seriously... M$ are going for every ps game of last gen - It doesn't mean it's going to work. I think M$ downfall will be going for Japan and neglecting the others.

Look at the Square Conf. I bet M$ and making it doom and gloom and seeing M$ is American - they know how to reach the global market. It's all full of shit!

Assuming MS doesn't run out of money and have a huge downfall, like you suggest, what do you think their position will be next gen?

Kojima basically said MGS5 would be developed for PC, and multiplat.

A. Sony will be coming off the PS3, not the PS2.

B. Sony won't have many presumptive exclusives, like MGS, FF, DQ, Tekken, GTA, or DMC.

C. Microsoft won't have the RRoD issue to deal with, stifiling their longterm success.

D. Sony won't have a medium advantage pushing their console success.

It's fairly obvious that Microsoft is capable of undercutting Sony in many areas, in order to obtain a strategic advantage, and all the inherant advantages the PS3 was born with, will be gone.

I don't think Microsoft is headed for a downfall at all, in the gaming market. I have little doubt that within two generations, they will be handing at least one major competitor, their respective ass, on a platter. That is judging by the price of the 360, the 3rd party support for the console, and the absolute refusal of Microsoft to give up, despite consistant losses and failure.

One thing is for sure, next gen, Sony can't afford to rest on its laurels as it did this generation. The competition has gotten fierce on all sides, and Sony has lost a lot of ground becasue of it. That's a fact.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ZenfoldorVGI
you are right, ps3 is doomed!!

Around the Network

im shooocked lol syke... la noire next.. there i said it now no one can be shocked about that either and that should be the last one because the rest of sonys exclusives are 1st or 2nd party... mgs4 doesnt matter at this point

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Wow, looks like MS really wants to screw Sony this gen. And they are doing a good job at stealing exclusives/moneyhatting.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

ZenfoldorVGI said:
finalsquall said:

Assuming MS doesn't run out of money and have a huge downfall, like you suggest, what do you think their position will be next gen?

Kojima basically said MGS5 would be developed for PC, and multiplat.

A. Sony will be coming off the PS3, not the PS2.

B. Sony won't have many presumptive exclusives, like MGS, FF, DQ, Tekken, GTA, or DMC.

C. Microsoft won't have the RRoD issue to deal with, stifiling their longterm success.

D. Sony won't have a medium advantage pushing their console success.

It's fairly obvious that Microsoft is capable of undercutting Sony in many areas, in order to obtain a strategic advantage, and all the inherant advantages the PS3 was born with, will be gone.

I don't think Microsoft is headed for a downfall at all, in the gaming market. I have little doubt that within two generations, they will be handing at least one major competitor, their respective ass, on a platter. That is judging by the price of the 360, the 3rd party support for the console, and the absolute refusal of Microsoft to give up, despite consistant losses and failure.

One thing is for sure, next gen, Sony can't afford to rest on its laurels as it did this generation. The competition has gotten fierce on all sides, and Sony has lost a lot of ground becasue of it. That's a fact.

haha, you really think M$ will be focusing on sony again next-gen? you do realize that that is one of the reasons nintendo pwned this gen right?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

trestres said:
Wow, looks like MS really wants to screw Sony this gen. And they are doing a good job at stealing exclusives/moneyhatting.

namco has made all their games multiplat of timed 360-exclusives this gen with respect to HD consoles. Was there anyone who didn't see this coming lol.

ahcheng said:
@ZenfoldorVGI
you are right, ps3 is doomed!!

I'm not speaking on the PS3 as much as I am the Sony brand, and I'm not saying they are doomed, but instead, they should start moneyhatting, and supporting 3rd parties, because Microsoft sure as hell will. Short term profit is important, but you have to find the balance between cashing in on loyalty, and boulstering that loyalty with fanservice. Losing long term playstation exclusives might have made sense financially over the next 6 months, but in 6 years, you can betcha that Sony will wish they shelled out that short term profit and keep that franchise as a presumptive playstation exclusive.

It's called short term thinking. It's dangerous when all of your competition is in for the long con.

NO NO, NO NO NO.