By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Numbers Up!

360 and PS3 are just becoming more irrelevant it seems in the Japanese market. And the only reason 360 was relevant for a time was the past few weeks but that's already showing its limitations. But PS3 should show more in the market in 2009 which will add it to the list of DS, PSP, and Wii... hopefully.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
MANUELF said:
This is the last low week for Wii, the next week is Wii Music

While technically next week is when Wii Music comes out (the 16th), it'll actually show up two weeks from now in the charts. So, I guess that we'll see another similar week Wii wise next week, then see how Wii Music will do the week after.

Thats what I mean

PS2 beating the PS3 is sad in a way. Very sad.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

God I love the PS2. It will haunt us in our dreams forever. The PS3 will return to beating the 360 in Japan and Europe soon enough. 360 well played, but the Japanese don't like you THAT much yet. lol j/k.

SaviorX said:

True.I had never seen a situation where a system is able to outsell its successor 2 YEARS after the launch of the latter.

Around the Network

man they need 2 add b/c to the ps3 in japan it's approaching 9 years since the ps2 was launched there ps3 better sell more than 360 in jap next week

Play Me

JGarret said:
SaviorX said:

True.I had never seen a situation where a system is able to outsell its successor 2 YEARS after the launch of the latter.

Just goes to show how great the PS2 was

@J-garret.

You realise NES and SNES were still selling (being shipped) in 2003... which means both were going after N64 was canned.

The reason the PS2 is still outselling PS3 is because PS3 is not a lead system. The PS1 outsold GC and XB for 2 years Worldwide, never-mind Japan alone.

@numbers... I believe this is the 2nd lowest week everfor PS3 (assuming it isn't adjusted significantly)
Edit: No. PS1 didn't outsell GC/XB worldwide for 2 years, but it did manage it in Japan... and probably Europe too.

Go 360 go 4 weeks in a row hahaha

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Both 360 and PS3 down about 3,000 from the previous week. How the PS3 is still in last there is beyond me. Just goes to show the price drops had a better effect than most thought. Remember the first? Sony fanboys went "It will be back to normal next week". Here we are four weeks later and it hasn't happened yet.

But I'm betting next week really WILL go back to normal.