By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop Makes Me Sad

I'm going to try and stay postive and wait for the reviews to come out before i buy it

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

Delays are a double edged sword as Miyamoto has said many times if its delayed it has a chance of being good. However delays are at the end of the day indicative of troubled development and sometimes no matter how you try to fix something it simply wont turn into something great. Unfortunately all the previews point towards this. It may turn out great, but the odds are against it. Adding an extra couple of months of development wont necessarily improve it. Lets hope it does though.

The previews have been disappointing, twestern, but that's not crap. That's disappointing.

As for "insulted", please. And they haven't been giving us "nothing" more than those two things. You know that. They may not matter to you, but they are things.

But I'm not denying the disappointment. Perhaps that's why it's been delayed.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Oh, and I guess you didn't look at, or chose to ignore, the joystiq and destructoid impressions, because they weren't "insulted". They noted that the game isn't complete.

Are you going to tell me your company never made a bad build? You may not have shown it, but that's company policy, not proof a bad build leads to a bad game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

it was easier to port a i guess.

down porting RE5 would require alot of power without making RE5 wii making it look worse than average.

Around the Network

jo21 obviously didn't see that comparison video.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Oh, and I guess you didn't look at, or chose to ignore, the joystiq and destructoid impressions, because they weren't "insulted". They noted that the game isn't complete.

Are you going to tell me your company never made a bad build? You may not have shown it, but that's company policy, not proof a bad build leads to a bad game.

True, every studio has made bad builds but most companies have the common sense not to show them.

I don't see why you're clinging so hard to the it might be a good game idea.  What have they shown you that makes you think it could be good?  More save points?  Woohoo.

And I read the Destructoid impressions and while they didn't come right out and say this disgusts me they also made no mention of it being good or even promising (and saying it isn't complete isn't the same as saying it's promising).  Actually, the general feel of that article was in fact negative.

Now lets read the Joystiq (don't usually read them) one...give me a minute...

In the Maintenance Tunnels, there are possibly hundreds of zombies on screen at once. In fact, it's the only method of getting the 360 achievement while requires killing nearly 54,000 zombies. Are they going to cut the tunnels from the game? And make fun of them as much as you want, but achievements added a hell of a lot to this game.

I'm sure it could work on the Wii, but it's just not a good idea.

Ok, so I read the Joystiq one and while it was surprisingly more positive that any I've ever seen, it still wasn't good. They just went with the if you're overly casual you might like it route.

It seemed to start on a high note but then just kept getting worse and worse. It almost sounds like they're trying their hardest to like what they played and trying to come up with any good impression they can.

Yeah, even after reading the Destructoid and Joystiq impressions I'm still convinced this game will be crap.

Again, give me any reason to think it will be good. You don't have to tell me it will or might be good, just give me any reason to think it will be good.

i just had a terrible thought and i hope im wrong, what if capcom never liked this game, and doing a bad port to the wii, that sells like crap would be a justification of not developing new versions for the ps3/360. god i hope i am wrong

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog