By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1 star's difficulty in SMG is completely unbalanced with rest of game.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
ctk495 said:

You came to the right place :) I beat that thing twice once with mario and another one with luigi is not hard at all compare to Dreadnought Galaxy: Battlestation's Purple Coins.This is basicly what I did to beat it:

No offense, but this is a perfect example of what not to do. Here you take all the difficult coins, and he is close do dying at least 5 or 6 times. If you try doing as him, you'll be changeless.

Find out which coins are too difficult, and skip them. Remember: you only need 2/3 coins.

Well, it is a perfect example of what not to do if you only want to finish the level but that guy obviously was aiming to finish the level with all coins so he can't avoid the difficult ones. Me? I was happy enough to manage to finish it not to go and try getting all of the coins.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Around the Network
Soleron said:
Stars that everyone else found hard that I beat in 2 or 3 lives:

- Bouldergeist Daredevil
- Dreadnought Purple Coins
- Luigi's Purple Coins
- Melty Molten Daredevil

Stars that nobody mentions that I am completely stuck on:

- Freezeflame purple coins: I get 98 and then miss the long jump. It takes 20 minutes to get 98 and then I DIE. Then I have to redo all 98 to die again. How do I do the jump?

- Ghost ship daredevil: Always die after the boss moves to top deck.

-I did melty molten daredevil on my first go, that one's easy.
-Dreadnought I think I took 2 or 3 goes (I was conditioned by dieing loads on battlerock purple coins)
-Luigi's purple coins I think the prospect just scared me at first (it was also the first one I tried with more than 100 coins, so the first 5 tries I was thinking about getting them all)... I think I died 10-15 times doing it.
-Freezeflame I PMed you about it, but the leap from the mountain is easy, just a question of faith and no fiddling trying to land (just long jump)
-The battles against Kamella I thought were the easiest boss battles of them all, I think I got the daredevil one on the first go.
- Bouldergeist daredevil is my toughest one... not sure how many times it took me the first time I tried daredevil (perhaps 10-15 again) but I don't seem to improve much on it and still took a good few tries the 2nd, 3rd and 4th runs through (twice with each character)

Soleron said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Soleron said:

Stars that nobody mentions that I am completely stuck on:

- Freezeflame purple coins: I get 98 and then miss the long jump. It takes 20 minutes to get 98 and then I DIE. Then I have to redo all 98 to die again. How do I do the jump?

The Ghost ship daredevil gave me a hard time too but it's just a matter of being very careful and knowing how to avoid being hit (not very helpful tips I know!).

I don't remember any star taking 20 minutes, is it the one where you have to go the top of a mountain?

Yes. It's probably not 20 minutes, but it's so easy to fall off that you have to ascend very slowly. It's very easy to miss one even if you know where they all are. I just need to know how to do the long jump at the end - short, long, left, right? I don't want to collect 98 coins per time just to do it by trial and error.

That jump's a bit weird. You always seem to not go as far as it looks like you're going. The best thing to do is jump out so far it looks like you overshot it. You should land right on it instead.

Its even harder to do it again as Luigi.

I am one of the very few to find that star ridiculously easy. :-/

Garbage thing in the dreadnought galaxy = OMFG!!! Terrible.

Around the Network

I hated:

Bouldergeist Dardevil (Took me a dozen tries)
Molten Daredevil (Dozens of tries)
Dreadnought Purplee Coins (Dozens of tries)

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I like Bacon said:

I am one of the very few to find that star ridiculously easy. :-/

Garbage thing in the dreadnought galaxy = OMFG!!! Terrible.

Same here.

I initially found it difficult, but I think people try getting every single purple coin, when there is actually much more than 100 purple coins, so just go for the ones that are convenient.