By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo steals

Thats right, the Nintendo wii board is the exact same thing that came out for the atari.  Persuasive Games released a balance board accessory for the Atari VCS called the Joyboard.   This was back in 1982.

Around the Network

right, you fail

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Its true.

Around the Network

Man, Atari must be so pissed, N totally stole it's product's thunder 25 years after release & as a result the Atari balance boards success is now in question.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Biggerboat said:
Man, Atari must be so pissed, N totally stole it's product's thunder 25 years after release & as a result the Atari balance boards success is now in question.

hihi, i giggled :P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

First post, been reading this site for months and thought i should join. Anyway from what i read the 'Joyboard' is basically a joystick for your feet. The Wii 'Balance Board' is like a body scale that functions on weight. I guess you can say there similarities such as the directions of up and down and stuff and also since they are both in the shape of a square. You can also both stand on them (lol). Some similarities but they are both different.

Trust me...there is nothing new under the sun...the mere fact that you are referring to something about 25 years ago is astonishing. (Since it was OH-SO popular back then..)

I'm no scientist but the difference between gyroscopes and splitting up a four pronged directional pad underneath one's feet is great.

Hey and the Atari Joypad is far superior too because it can do one thing the Wii Balance Pad can't...it can, theoretically, control every game made for Atari VCS.

But hey let's not stop there...Konami's DDR pads are rip offs too. Hey don't forget the Nintendo Power Pad. Gasp Nintendo.

Here's a link to some info concerning the Atari Joypad:

http://www.watercoolergames.org/archives/000823.shtml

Good artists borrow, great artists steal.

PS3owner u r such a fanboy. Always trying to find something to hit Nintendo and justify your PS3 purchase. Just enjoy it and leave us alone...