By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yes another anti-LBP thread.

I just find it odd that his original post can be applied to mario bros. I mean, the developers, I assure you, spent more than a few hours making levels that lasted only a few minutes. Just going from point a to b, and watching stuff happen? Really? Sounds like you just don't like the genre. Not calling you a fanboy or troll, but I think you're evaluating the situation incorrectly. It's like blaming Halo for being boring because all you do is shoot enemies with a gun. I dunno...

Around the Network

YAYAYAYAYA down with LBP man i just hope this fails i really do i hate sony and if this game flops its gona be great
man im thinking im gonna get banned for saything that

SSSBOLIMAR said:
YAYAYAYAYA down with LBP man i just hope this fails i really do i hate sony and if this game flops its gona be great
man im thinking im gonna get banned for saything that

I think you would have had less of a chance of being banned if you didnt admit you know what you said is a bannable offense.... A warning is basically letting you know that behavior is unacceptable... and you admit you already know the behavior is unacceptable....

well ban me then DO it up!

Around the Network

why would you let something so stupid like an inexplicable hatred to a company that probablly knows nothing of your existance and probablly wouldnt care of someone so insignificant even if they did get in the way of your social behavior in a past time you enjoy?

Ultimate_123, so you didn't enjoy it. That only decreases its sales potential by a single copy

This is one of the games that i will buy the day I get a PS3, because it looks very enjoyable

I enjoy 2d platformers, as do many others.
It is presented in such a way to appeal to many gamers, in a similar way to many of Nintendo's 'Bridge' games
The quality of level design will improve as people spend more time with the game
a metacritic score of 65 for the game is laughable. It will not get below 80, and feel free to quote me on that. 90+ seems likely.

I've really been trying to get hyped up about this game, but as with many others I just don't see the actual gameplay being all that enticing. No I haven't played it, but after watching so many different levels, some do include gameplay as well, I just don't feel like this will have any lasting appeal outside the hardcore mapper crowds. The game play does seem very simplistic, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. What would be bad is if the gameplay is as slow as I have seen in EVERY video. Platformers are fun because they are challenging and test your timing or you thinking to some extent. I have not seen either displayed from any of the LBP videos. Sackboy jumps as if he weighed nothing, moves about as fast, and the environment and enemies move even slower.

As for the whole editing and sharing, Spore beat out LBP by several months in terms of ease of sharing huge quantities of user created content, and for depth, I'll take Unreal Editor over LBP any day. Sure it takes more getting used to, but the UE literally allows you to make ANYTHING, even RTS/RPG type games out of it.

P.S. Wipeout Level was blatant ripoff of linerider, go to the website and you will see much cooler levels when it comes to that type of "levels."

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I think the OP can have his opinion, you can't force a CS player to start up AoE if he isn't into RTS. Anywho my only main gripe about this game is sackboy's face when he gets mad like at the end of that wipeout level. I have no idea why, whenever he makes that face it always looks stupid to me and I feel a twinge of annoyance. (It's probably just a personal pet peeve)

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

SSSBOLIMAR said:
well ban me then DO it up!

Your wish is my command.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.