By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yes another anti-LBP thread.

I've played LBP so you cannot say that I'm being a fanboy.

OK first of all I'd like to say this: AMAZING GRAPHICS. WOW. The graphics truely are amazing and so are the physics. This truely does show off the PS3s power.

However...

The gameplay is not very exciting. Its basically like a 2-d sidescroller with good graphics and physics. It really is get from point 'a' to point 'b'. Now I know nearly all games are from points a to b but this game has it in a very bait way. Also the user created content is exciting but very little of it includes gameplay, most of it is just jumping and seeing the stuff happen. Where's the gameplay in that? You also have to spend a lot of time creating levels only for them to turn out to be roughly 2-5 minutes long. I mean whats the points in spending 2 hours if the level only turned out to be 2-5 minutes long? Overall while I absolutely love the graphics there isn't much behind it. I expect a average score of 65-80 on Metacritic.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

This might sound weird, but I think the gameplay isn't really the point. As long as it is passable, which it seems like it is, the game will do well. The whole point of this game is creative freedom and a sense of community. The actual "gameplay" of running through the levels is just the means by which you view and experience someone's creation.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

I'm going to guess you're a young gamer, and 65-80 is laughable.

You can think it's not a great game if you care to, but if you truly see all this hype and expect the metacritic to be 65-80 then you are fooling yourself.

Also, your synopsis on why it sucks to make a level is flawed in that you assume you'll only want to play it once. I created a level and myself and my friends played it for around 3 hours over and over again. you need to make more fun levels.

over-hyped? yeah.

but 65-80?!? you've got to be kidding me.

Around the Network

I find it hard to believe you have a PS3 seeing as you have a 360 tag in your sig yet no PSN one. Someone who has both would put both of them in if at all. If you tried it on someone else's system I also find it hard to believe you gave the game full effort. Dabbing your foot in the water and actually diving in are two different things.

If you spend 2hrs on a 5 min level then you simply SUX! no offense. The levels you create should be difficult enough to take the player multiple tries and a longer time to complete. maybe about 15min. Super Mario Bros. levels were not really that long either, just extremely difficult.

I am not calling you a liar, I just don't think you gave the game a fair try. Yet what do I know, I didn't get into the BETA..... :(

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Go Go sony defence force!

In fairness, most of the best mods for a game come out after the modders have had some time to play around with the title. So it's all but certain that better stuff is coming.

dougsdad0629 said:
This might sound weird, but I think the gameplay isn't really the point. As long as it is passable, which it seems like it is, the game will do well. The whole point of this game is creative freedom and a sense of community. The actual "gameplay" of running through the levels is just the means by which you view and experience someone's creation.

If gameplay is not important ... then why do we play games?

If this turns out to be more art program than game, it will have a lot of trouble moving beyond a certain level of sales (1M? 2M?). And it won't move systems.

Basically,  beyond a core group of gamers who think user created is the greatest thing since sliced bread, there are a lot of gamers who just want to play. And this type of game -- 2.5D platform -- has not fared well on the PS3 so far.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- I think the score will be in the 90-or-above range because reviewers will love the game, even if people don't take to it as much as they think people should.  (Can anyone say "Beyond Good and Evil"? -- highly reviewed, great gameplay, poor sales).

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

This is the type of game that I can actually play. I don't have much time to play videogames. I just need to drive to a far off Gamecrazy so i can get a burlap sack.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence