By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Ubisoft gamez for Wii and DS!! Get hyped!

RolStoppable said:
Say what you want, but you can't deny that these games are more promising than what Ubisoft has released on the Wii in the past.

Brothers in Arms has only just been released.

Around the Network

Super! Ubisoft just made TGS obselete.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Xen said:
Cheap to develop, millions it will sell. They're like a lesser EA, but they treat the Wii and DS far worse. Their whole approach is defined by making the most money possible.

As opposed to, what, caring about your interests? All of them are only looking to make the most money possible. If you believe otherwise, you've been fooled.

As an obvious example considering your avatar, SquareEnix does not make less money than Ubisoft because they genuinely care about your interests, and are willing to make less money than Ubisoft if it makes you happy; they make less money because they haven't been as savvy with their money in recent years.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
Xen said:
Cheap to develop, millions it will sell. They're like a lesser EA, but they treat the Wii and DS far worse. Their whole approach is defined by making the most money possible.

As opposed to, what, caring about your interests? All of them are only looking to make the most money possible. If you believe otherwise, you've been fooled.

As an obvious example considering your avatar, SquareEnix does not make less money than Ubisoft because they genuinely care about your interests, and are willing to make less money than Ubisoft if it makes you happy; they make less money because they haven't been as savvy with their money in recent years.

I should have added making the most money while spending the least. That's what I meant.

Xen said:
Bodhesatva said:
Xen said:

I should have added making the most money while spending the least. That's what I meant.

That makes more sense! Normally, I am a proponent of cost considerations. My favorite game this generation is Wii Sports, after all, and my two favorite games of all time are Chess and Go, which cost around .02 dollars to reproduce on an Atari 2600.

But that does not mean I endorse all cheaply made games. Among those I do not endorse are these made by Ubisoft. So jeers to Ubisoft. Jeers, I say!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

HOW DARE THEY MAKE MONEY!!!11

these people give the french a bad name.
luckily im english and we have companies giving good games. eg headstrong who made batallion wars. and are now amking house of the dead

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

You guys need to be like me and forget Ubisoft exists, I honestly forgot what Ubisoft was until I read the OP, then I remembered Prince of Persia, I'm hoping after this message I'll forget they exist again.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

vdoesntforgive said:
RolStoppable said:
Say what you want, but you can't deny that these games are more promising than what Ubisoft has released on the Wii in the past.

Brothers in Arms has only just been released.

Closing Comments
Wii-makes walk a thin line already, but when a game can't iron out even the most blatant bugs (three second freezes occurring constantly in general play?), it's obvious that it's more about making a few quick stacks of cash than putting any real effort into a package. It's a shame too, as so many of the concepts in the game sound great on paper, including Wii IR for squad management, and the ability therein to manipulate your squad, select suppressive fire, and conduct an AI unit in the same way a skilled player can tear it up in Pro Evolution Soccer, but it just doesn’t work. It falls short due to the PS2's source material, a lack of any sort of quality assurance during the port-over, and an obvious quick cash-in. We've gathered two main points from checking out Double Time on Wii. First off, Brothers in Arms -- if done right -- could be amazing on Nintendo's system. Secondly, when Ubisoft talked about Nintendo-like quality on Wii, it obviously wasn't in reference to this one.

IGN Ratings for Brothers in Arms: Double Time (Wii)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
3.5 Presentation
The games are virtually unchanged from their PS2 versions. The general presentation at that time was impressive, but after years of progression, it isn't much to see now. Frame issues hurt the port.
3.0 Graphics
Both titles looks pretty muddy in their port from PS2 to Wii, but more than anything else it's the sketchy frame-rate and constant freezes that kill it. Double Time is a mess.
7.0 Sound
There's some decent VO, and the in-game audio isn't bad. Unchanged from PS2, but not bad in its own right.
3.0 Gameplay
The pointer controls are a mess, the frame issues kill the fluidity, and the AI is at times barely passable, while at others broken and moronic. Painful.
1.0 Lasting Appeal
It's two games for the price of one, but even Ubisoft's own Far Cry (also an overall mess) is already a much stronger offering. Multiplayer was removed, and the game is broken in countless areas.

Bad

OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Bodhesatva said:
Godot said:
Bodhesatva said:

It's interesting that Ubisoft is so succesful with this approach on the DS (DS sales are over 1/3 of their entire revenue now, and almost certainly much greater than 1/3 of their profits), while they continue to struggle with the Wii.

Could I have a link about the 1/3 of their revenue? It's not that I don't believe you but would be interested to read more on the matter.

http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/gallery_files/site/270/1042/1765.pdf

DS was 37% of all revenue last quarter, nearly double any other platform (including the PS3 which saw Ubisoft's only major exclusive, Haze, released).

Thanks a lot. That was a really good read. DS sales passed from 16% to 37% of their Q1 sales. Ubisoft is one of the most profitable gaming company on top of that. It seems that DS is the best platform to support right now.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...