By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's $399 Price 'Simply Too Steep,' says Analyst

well i paid 499 for the 20 gig PS3 on launch day nov 17.06 lol..
so 399 is a pretty good deal to me. 399 is way to high..
the PS3 should be 349

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

Aye, but we all know a price cut isn't in the cards atm.

ps3 is paying the price of winning the format war. They killed hd dvd and now they are stuck in 3`rd place with losses and the biggest price this gen. ps3 is a great system,but blueray increases the costs and the console price. You can`t win them all.

IF ps3 does go to $299, then xbox 360 will be dead.

Hephaestos said:
TheTruthHurts! said:
$399 may seem a bit steep for economic situations in many regions. But with the inclusion of a blu-ray player in the PS3, I feel that the $399 is warranted considering what you are getting for your money. It's a great system.

Heck....if it wasn't for the competition the Wii, and 360 produced this Gen, Sony might still be charging $499 or $599 for the PS3. I consider Sony's initial woes and ego bitchslap, a blessing in disguise for many gamers, who might not have been able to afford a PS3 without past cuts!

My $39 pen is better than that $19 pen.... they do the same thing but mine comes with a coupon for 2 free haircuts at any hair saloon!!

great but i'm bald...

So? it's 2 free haircuts man!! it's a great deal, you get more than what you pay for, the price should be $59!!!

....ummmk

That, upthere, is what I read from your lines...except you could always resell the coupons... you can't detach the blue ray player...

The price is too high and BR is the reason (officially), people who don't want BR just see the price...

Where the hell do you buy your pens?!

I get like five for a dollar.

Around the Network

Perhaps Sony would better wait before chasing MS on price cuts or, worse, killing XB360. MS reactions when it feels menaced are very harsh and painful, Sony must build up more strength before dealing a deadly blow.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

libellule said:
HE IS ONLY TALKING ABOUT NA

(just to be sure everybody is realizing it)

I personnaly think, NA, is the only region where a price cut may be needed

""Keep dreaming there, Sony won't drop the price until after the holiday, they have been in the game long enough to know better than to take advice from some random fanboy. 15 million+ people bought the system at $600 - $400 price range and that says a lot. ""

==> so true loy310

Sony doesn't need casual right now, it only needs to focus on hardcore as it is a hardcore console with a hardcore line-up, with a

I agree with everything except that a price cut is only needed for NA. Japan only has WKS at christmas. And i think Sony Japan needs to get there act together and sell some consoles.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Perhaps Sony would better wait before chasing MS on price cuts or, worse, killing XB360. MS reactions when it feels menaced are very harsh and painful, Sony must build up more strength before dealing a deadly blow.

The problem with that straterfy is wait to long and MS has to much strength to kill with the death blow.  360 has been out three years and has been in the lead (the first year no next gen competation), if it can keep the lead through 2009 it wont matter if sony comes in the big blow cause its too late with the WII supposed HD launch in 2011 expect MS to launch around then.  2010 Sony takes over its too late the next gen will be starting up

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I hope this guy is wrong about the top selling game... I want Fable II to crush the Gears of War 2 sales. :-/

Kasz216 said:
Hephaestos said:
TheTruthHurts! said:
$399 may seem a bit steep for economic situations in many regions. But with the inclusion of a blu-ray player in the PS3, I feel that the $399 is warranted considering what you are getting for your money. It's a great system.

Heck....if it wasn't for the competition the Wii, and 360 produced this Gen, Sony might still be charging $499 or $599 for the PS3. I consider Sony's initial woes and ego bitchslap, a blessing in disguise for many gamers, who might not have been able to afford a PS3 without past cuts!

My $39 pen is better than that $19 pen.... they do the same thing but mine comes with a coupon for 2 free haircuts at any hair saloon!!

great but i'm bald...

So? it's 2 free haircuts man!! it's a great deal, you get more than what you pay for, the price should be $59!!!

....ummmk

That, upthere, is what I read from your lines...except you could always resell the coupons... you can't detach the blue ray player...

The price is too high and BR is the reason (officially), people who don't want BR just see the price...

Where the hell do you buy your pens?!

I get like five for a dollar.

As do most people which is where the Wii fits in there.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo