By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - My one reason the 360 could out sell PS3 this holiday season:

The economy is undoubtably on a downward slide. 

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/charts/chartdl.aspx?Symbol=%24indu&CP=0&PT=7

Though I think the industry will still grow this holiday season, I think its unquestionable that people will be more conservative about their spending on gaming in general.  With this in mind, don't you think the pricecut helps the 360 more now than it would in a stronger economy? 

Though the PS3 still packs more into its package (Built in WiFi, Blueray etc), i think less people will see its $400 dollar price tag as a justifiable purchase.  Numerous analysts say that in the past $200 was the "sweet spot," and if conditions stay as they are i think this holiday could very well continue that trend.

Agree?

Around the Network

Ye i agree but PLAYSTATION still has the brand name and has extras that the 360 doesnt have most noticibly Blu-ray.

Dont expect xbox to beat PS3 this holiday because in my opinion i doubt that it will happen.

Yes but thats not the only reason why good games are comming out too =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

You could also use that reason on why the PS2 might outsell the 360 this holiday...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

oliminator1994 said:
Ye i agree but PLAYSTATION still has the brand name and has extras that the 360 doesnt have most noticibly Blu-ray.

Dont expect xbox to beat PS3 this holiday because in my opinion i doubt that it will happen.

Why just becuase of the blu-ray?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network
Everstar said:
oliminator1994 said:

Why just becuase of the blu-ray?

unfortunatly you failed to read my post. i said most noticibly blu-ray.  i could go through a load of reasons why console x is better than console n but that would be trolling and even though ure implying that PS3 only has blu-ray and thats the only reason it will beat the 360. ok ill end the comment their before i get banned o ye im angry!

I originally was thinking that the PS3 would outsell the 360 this holiday by a small %. However, if this bump due to the drop in price continues through this month, I think 360 will have the advantage and keep the lead until January.

well at least in America the price will probably have an effect, but not sure bout the rest of the world.

I agree. Thats been the case since the Wii launched. You didn't think it was the motion controls selling wii's did you? no it was the $250 price tag compared to a $600 price tag.

superchunk said:
I originally was thinking that the PS3 would outsell the 360 this holiday by a small %. However, if this bump due to the drop in price continues through this month, I think 360 will could have the advantage and keep the lead until January.

I don't disagree. I changed it to reflect my opinion.

Regardless though, it will still come down to how large the NA lead is for the 360 to determine whether or not it will lead world wide this holiday season.

With the amount of price drops Microsoft did, you would think they would have marketed it better, and added bundles and coincided their game launches accordingly to really make the world take notice of such severe price cuts.

I really think it was an opportunity missed.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.