By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony: Nintendo is kiddy

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198761

"Will DSi do well with [the DS's] demographic? It probably will. Will it be a product that expands their user base [beyond] under 12? I'm not sure" - John Koller, director of hardware marketing for Sony

Has Sony really gotten so desperate that they're resorting to the ZOMGKIDDY lie?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

This was posted yesterday.

Oh; somehow I missed it. Sorry about that; please ignore.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

repost :S

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

God I love it when Sony people do PR. They're so silly!

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

Computer & Videogames is such a bull shit source. I don't think I've ever seen something from them worth reading.

All the same, Sony has a lot of kids using their platforms and Nintendo has a lot of adults using their platforms as well. Sony probably has more users in the 15-25 male market, but I'd be willing to wager that both Wii & DS have more users in the 15-35 market and something like 30% of 15-35 males.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu