By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I want a time-consuming Wii game that's good.

blunty51 said:
CrashMan said:
Don't get Scarface, its pretty awful.

What about Godfather...?

If you enjoy Grand Theft Auto for the sheer insane fun of being a lunatic, then you'll probably like the Godfather. Yes it's a PS2 port with tacked on controls and content. Who cares. The controls are extremely well tacked on, and work very well. You punch left and right, strangle people by shaking the controllers, and have two execution moves for every weapon. And it's just a fun game in general if you're just in the mood for mayhem.

You rough up buisness owners for protection money, take hits for the mob, strangle hobos if you're in the mood. A lot of the missions are actually pretty good, espeically if you enjoyed the movie. You've got a quasi-RPG system as well were level up and can pick more gansta moves, or more tatics for "negotations". Shooting is pretty sloopy, all though you've got target lock to compensate.

I really enjoyed it. Effective and often perverse melee controls really let you live it up as a brutal mobster. Should be dirt cheep by now.

Around the Network

I'm going to cast my vote for Zack & Wiki, but you can't use any strategy guides or online help.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

trestres said:
I don't know about Godfather vs Scarface, but I've read positive things about both.

Godfather is better but Scarface is a blast as well.

Godfather has much better motion controls (especially for hand to hand combat...it's just bad ass) but Scarface has a more GTA: VC feel to it.   Some say Scarface sucks but I enjoyed it.  The controls take some time to get accustomed to but once you got it, the game rocks.

Both can eat up 40-70 hours depending on how much collecting and stat increasing you do.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

BrainBoxLtd said:
blunty51 said:
CrashMan said:

What about Godfather...?

If you enjoy Grand Theft Auto for the sheer insane fun of being a lunatic, then you'll probably like the Godfather. Yes it's a PS2 port with tacked on controls and content. Who cares. The controls are extremely well tacked on, and work very well. You punch left and right, strangle people by shaking the controllers, and have two execution moves for every weapon. And it's just a fun game in general if you're just in the mood for mayhem.

You rough up buisness owners for protection money, take hits for the mob, strangle hobos if you're in the mood. A lot of the missions are actually pretty good, espeically if you enjoyed the movie. You've got a quasi-RPG system as well were level up and can pick more gansta moves, or more tatics for "negotations". Shooting is pretty sloopy, all though you've got target lock to compensate.

I really enjoyed it. Effective and often perverse melee controls really let you live it up as a brutal mobster. Should be dirt cheep by now.

Nice, I didn't know it was so detailed, especially with the controls, even though tacked on

Grey Acumen said:
I'm going to cast my vote for Zack & Wiki, but you can't use any strategy guides or online help.

Yea that would defeat the purpose of the game

Around the Network
blunty51 said:
Grey Acumen said:

Yea that would defeat the purpose of the game

huh, that game can be beat without any help. You just have to actually think before you click.

blunty51 said:
BrainBoxLtd said:
blunty51 said:
CrashMan said:

What about Godfather...?

Nice, I didn't know it was so detailed, especially with the controls, even though tacked on

You can throw punches, grab the guy, throw him against a wall, then a car, then through a window, kick him while he's down, pick him up, punch him som more and them finish it off with a sawed off shotgun blast under the chin.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

uh Fire Emblem, just from reading your title.

I know it's already been suggested, but if you're looking for a deep, time consuming, and challenging game, then look no further than Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It's one of the most overlooked and underrated games of this generation in my opinion.

It's a turn based strategy RPG, where you accomplish different missions by defeating your enemies, defending a fort, etc. etc. All while you level up a multitude of warriors who you'll grow to love. The story has twist and turns, and the characters themselves are more than just disposable mercenaries. In the end you'll have a couple of favorites (Ilyana, Haar, Jill and Mia are some of mine) and a sense of accomplishment from beating one of the toughest games out there. It will definitely make use of your Wii's reset button.

But remember, the choice is yours!

Scarface > The Godfather

I liked both game but Scarface was just way more fun (The Godfather get too repetitive)