By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 reasons why the 360 will own this holiday season!

Wii will rule. Fact.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
ceaser92 said:
ok number 1- that new dashboard thing is not gonna make the 360 win this holiday
number 2 gears OK THIS can pass
number 3 left for dead wont sell enough to make the 360 win this holiday
number 4 fable 2 will help so this one works also
number 5 gta DLC is not important gta released apr 29, people will not buy this game just for that, so another failed reason
number 6 price cut ok this is good
number 7 net flix is good but this is not gonna make the 360 win
number 8 fall out 3 DLC No this is a failure reason also
number 9 xbox live is not gonna make someone buy a system when u have to pay to play
number 10 everyone knows psn games are A hell of alot better than arcade games

not being a fanboy just being real

hahaha...umm no. Evern with the official retail games being passed as dlc games by sony...they can't touch xbox live arcade.

orly? Then what original games does the Arcade have to counter SSHD, pain, GT5:P, pixeljunk monsters, pixeljunk eden, Rachet and Clank QFB, The Last Guy, Wipeout HD, Siren:Blood Curse, Warhawk.....? not to mention echochrome, novastrike, blast factor, flOw, and everyday shooter?

OT: Gears and teh price cut will help the 360. None of the other stuff will have any impact.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

This isn't about selling the 360, it's more about why it's cool to have a 360. At the end of the article, it also says the PS3 and Wii will have a similar feature. If I have to put my money on, it'll probably feature LBP, Resistance 2, Socom, blu-ray, and some other stuffs, maybe free online and less problems with system updates that crash the PS3.

Retrasado said:
disolitude said:
ceaser92 said:
ok number 1- that new dashboard thing is not gonna make the 360 win this holiday
number 2 gears OK THIS can pass
number 3 left for dead wont sell enough to make the 360 win this holiday
number 4 fable 2 will help so this one works also
number 5 gta DLC is not important gta released apr 29, people will not buy this game just for that, so another failed reason
number 6 price cut ok this is good
number 7 net flix is good but this is not gonna make the 360 win
number 8 fall out 3 DLC No this is a failure reason also
number 9 xbox live is not gonna make someone buy a system when u have to pay to play
number 10 everyone knows psn games are A hell of alot better than arcade games

not being a fanboy just being real

hahaha...umm no. Evern with the official retail games being passed as dlc games by sony...they can't touch xbox live arcade.

orly? Then what original games does the Arcade have to counter SSHD, pain, GT5:P, pixeljunk monsters, pixeljunk eden, Rachet and Clank QFB, The Last Guy, Wipeout HD, Siren:Blood Curse, Warhawk.....? not to mention echochrome, novastrike, blast factor, flOw, and everyday shooter?

OT: Gears and teh price cut will help the 360. None of the other stuff will have any impact.

First of all, half of those games you listed are more than 30 dollars...i can buy games in stores for that much that are much better. Most of those actually are just like store bought games...no difference.

Xbox live arcade is an experience you can't get from store bought games. There is a reason why IGN has dedicated a whole section to xbox live games...while PSN games are still under PS3 category.

With xbox live arcade, you either get it or you dont...anyone that has been gaming since 16 bit days should get it tho.  Those who don't get it...never will...and there is nothing I can explain or do to get my point across... Kinda like trying to explain to someone that started gaming with the PS3 why 1997s Castlevania Symphony of the night is a better game than 2007s Uncharted.

@disolitude
Half of those games aren't over $30 actually. And that last paragraph screams fanboy to me, just so you know.

Someone on page two said that the article isn't about sales, it is reposted on a sales website, that is why we are talking about sales. And the title of the article is, "Why the 360 will own the holiday season," that sounds like selling the most consoles to me.

Personally, I thought the article was pretty weak. You have to trot out gta4 dlc for why the 360 will own the holiday season? Seriously?

Around the Network

1 - Firmware updates aren't reknown hardware pushers - whilst I'm sure it will make you enjoy your 360 more, I cant see it having an effect on sales
2 - It is the sequel to a 360 game, and as such will have very little effect on hardware sales - just like Pokemon Platinum pushed few DS's in Japan recently (also, i would argue Gears 2 is the 5th or 6th biggest game coming out between now and Jan 1st - behind Wii Music, Animal Crossing, Guitar hero, Call of Duty and maybe LittleBigPlanet)
3 - Looks like a good game, but it's nothing the 360 doesn't already have
4 - Looks like a good game, should push some hardware
5 - HAHA! If people were going to get the GTA DC, they would already have bought a 360 and GTAIV. This has already has as much of an effect as it will have
6 - Price cut effect is already wearing off.
7 - Serious? that's actually pretty sweet. MS needs to advertise this
8 - Don't really know much about the game, but it sounds like its not even a 360 exclusive
9 - Um, the online aspect is one you 360 owners should be avoiding. It was originally a 360 advantage, now PS3 and Wii are closing quickly. This will detract from 360 sales obviously
10 - That would see hardware boosts in fall, not over Christmas

All in all, 360 should have an ok Christmas, probably matching the PS3 sale for sale

Wii will still outsell PS360 as it has been doing

cwbys21 said:
@disolitude
Half of those games aren't over $30 actually. And that last paragraph screams fanboy to me, just so you know.

Someone on page two said that the article isn't about sales, it is reposted on a sales website, that is why we are talking about sales. And the title of the article is, "Why the 360 will own the holiday season," that sounds like selling the most consoles to me.

Personally, I thought the article was pretty weak. You have to trot out gta4 dlc for why the 360 will own the holiday season? Seriously?

GT5P, Siren and warhawk are over 30 where i live. Tekken 5 is also 29.99 last time I was browsing psn. I sold my ps3 before wipeout or ratchet came out but im pretty sure they arent less than 20 bucks.

Once you take away retail games being passed as PSN downloads...not much is left on psn.

Also, I don't think its a badly written article about the 360s strenghts  this holliday season. Someone should write one of these for ps3 and wii...and I think you may be surprised in seeing that 360 has once again, the most going for it this holliday season... However the wii should shit all over ps360 this holliday season.

I didn't know tekken 5 was on psn, and it wasn't listed on the other post. GT5P, Siren, and Warhawk are indeed $30+ but ratchet is $15 and Wipeout is $20.

At first glance all of those reasons, whilst formidable, do not ensure the Xbox 360's dominance this holiday season.

Then you take a closer look at Reason 4.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This list isn't very good... but it will outsell the PS3 at least. The Wii is in another dimension of sales.