By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Runescape...On Wii?

I've been hearing for quite sometime about Jagex releaseing Runescape 3 on the Wii and even possibly the PS3, I am not really a fan of Runescape myself, but I wouldn't mine tuning into to something like that.

So, is it true?

Old Brawl code..ask for my new one..

Around the Network

Obviously they couldnt.
I doubt any console can hold 2000 people per world.

They just released an updated version of RS2, so I doubt they're already thinking of making an entirely new RS.

(Like Untouch said) On top of that, I don't think the consoles wouldn't be able to handle that many people. I don't know a whole lot about the workings of online playing, so I'm just assuming.

@wfz. They are however making an entirely new game called Mechscape - it would more likely be that than RS3.

RS is built on Java technology. Wii doesn't have a JVM(too bad). PS3 has a JVM, but it's part of the Blu Ray not the OS(to my knowledge). It's unlikely that they would scrap years of a Java MMO in favor of Flash. Flash currently to my knowledge have access to a 3d accelerator. So my searches on Flash 3d are well pre 3d accelerators.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

The Runescape is on a browser so it shouldnt be that difficult should it?

"Like you know"

Untouch said:
Obviously they couldnt.
I doubt any console can hold 2000 people per world.

And a low-end PC can?

2000 people are not stored on your hard drive, they are stored on the network.

It's not happening though. There isn't enough of a target audience and frankly it would suck even more than before.

Come on. HD Runescape? Motion Sensing Runescape? Not happening.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Doesn't Wii have enough shovelware already?

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Come on now, Runescape used to be a decent game.

MontanaHatchet said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Come on now, Runescape used to be a decent game.*

*lies