By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Japan Monthly Sales: September 2008

vgchartz has MGS4 for given period (September 15 to October 12, 2008) at around 4k, so almost 3 times less than Famitsu.

Around the Network

It's a damn shame to see the PS3 flopping so terribly in Japan.

The_God_of_War said:
It's a damn shame to see the PS3 flopping so terribly in Japan.

I don't know if it's flopping. More like failing.

SCEJ is a master of it's own destiny. We've seen this entire generation that you HAVE to have solid games release on a semi-regular basis to sustain sales. Even the Wii sees slumps if it fails to launch decent software titles on a given week.

The 360 and PSP proved the inverse: If you have a few good releases back-to-back, it doesn't matter how poorly your doing, as you can turn the tide.

Now the question is if Sony feels that Japan is a big enough market to focus on improving it's stakes in. Europe is doing great for SCE - Far better than the US or Japan at the moment, so they may focus efforts on somewhere they have a fighting chance at.

But, should they focus their efforts in Japan...One would assume they could 'turn it around'.

8-10m consoles by the end of the PS3's lifespan is do-able in Japan IF they began to secure more Japanese exclusives. 77,000 consoles on MGS4 week proves that it can be done.

Otherwise: Good numbers for ToV just below 150k. Always great to see updates from Famitsu monthly.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

kamil said:
vgchartz has MGS4 for given period (September 15 to October 12, 2008) at around 4k, so almost 3 times less than Famitsu.

Report it to ioi!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.