By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama: "I've now been in 57 states"

Maybe he considers each one of John McCain's houses to be a separate state.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

He obviously meant 47. He said there was one left to go and he isnt going to Hawaii or Alaska.

Meanwhile, Palin keeps at it:

"‘They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan,’ she told several hundred supporters at a fundraising event in San Francisco."

I guess Afghanistan is next to Russia which is next to Alaska. LOL

BenKenobi88 said:
Accidentally spitting out 57 instead of 47 does not make you an idiot...I'm sure you've NEVER accidentally said a word you didn't mean to say, and then either keep on talking or quickly correct yourself.

i've slipped up once or twice in my life. But i'm so insanely cool that people let it slide

I agree it's kinda funny, but this is really old. So he messed up on a trivial issue. It's not like he's claiming that as a governor of a state near Russia he is an expert on foreign policy, or that he has changed almost all of his beliefs to pander to extremists in his own party.

Guess who did those.

Around the Network

Obama, Biden, and McCain have all had really hilarious slips of the tongue. I don't think Palin has yet. She's bad enough at talking as it is. I can't wait until she makes an actual mistake, and says she's been to the moon or something.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Obama, Biden, and McCain have all had really hilarious slips of the tongue. I don't think Palin has yet. She's bad enough at talking as it is. I can't wait until she makes an actual mistake, and says she's been to the moon or something.

what did McCain do? I can't remember....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Retrasado said:

Oh there are tons.  The man's older than Biden, so I give them the benefit of the doubt, being old crazy politicians for a million years makes you even crazier than most old people.

One time he said "There's only one kind of ethnic joke you can say in American politics, and that's Irish jokes," and then he made an Irish joke.  (His name is Scottish, not Irish.)

And there's the recent one where he said he was going to suspend his campaign, and then didn't.  I'll assume that was a gaffe and not just lying.

Just google "McCain gaffe" and you get over 2 million results, including this one blog with a master list of McCain gaffes and flip flops, all sourced.  It claims to have 100.  http://www.bi30.org/wordpress/flipflopper.htm

Retrasado said:

He also thinks Spain is an enemy and part of Latin America.  I'll post the vid as soon as I dig it up.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Ok, that's an alright slip.

I prefer this one though.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.