By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama: "I've now been in 57 states"

Haha, for shame Obama. For shame :P

Around the Network

Wow ^^''.

This is about 8 months old....

Eh, so Obamas not the smartest person ever. He is still smarter than Sarah Palin. Too bad hes running against McCain, not Palin. I will be voting for McCain.

Hawkeye said:
Eh, so Obamas not the smartest person ever. He is still smarter than Sarah Palin. Too bad hes running against McCain, not Palin. I will be voting for McCain.

What does this have to do with being smart or not? At most, you can say he's ignorant (although most would disagree as this was surely just a slip of the tongue).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

A slip of the tongue? It looks very clear to me that he didn't knew it.

luinil said:
I heard this a while ago. Funny, but you will get the libs all riled up and attacking us with stuff like that. Keep it up. ^_^

I will be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the slip of the tongue though. But seriously... slipping that? O.o

Please Luinil, please. I really like you as a friend, but this almost makes me want to despise you. Stop being so condescending.

Anyways, this is older than all hell, and there's really no good explanation for why he said that. If he hasn't explained/diffused the situation by now, then I think he just doesn't care. If you honestly believe he doesn't know the number of states in the U.S., then you're probably an idiot yourself. Slip-ups happen.

The remix was awesome

4 ≈ One

Accidentally spitting out 57 instead of 47 does not make you an idiot...I'm sure you've NEVER accidentally said a word you didn't mean to say, and then either keep on talking or quickly correct yourself.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

MontanaHatchet said:
luinil said:
I heard this a while ago. Funny, but you will get the libs all riled up and attacking us with stuff like that. Keep it up. ^_^

I will be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the slip of the tongue though. But seriously... slipping that? O.o

Please Luinil, please. I really like you as a friend, but this almost makes me want to despise you. Stop being so condescending.

Anyways, this is older than all hell, and there's really no good explanation for why he said that. If he hasn't explained/diffused the situation by now, then I think he just doesn't care. If you honestly believe he doesn't know the number of states in the U.S., then you're probably an idiot yourself. Slip-ups happen.

Really?  I've been to 57 states.... and have one more to go since i can't go to Alaska and Hawaii.

Him meaning 47 is a good explination for why he said it in my eyes...  47+1+ 2(AL& HW) = 50.

Either way... I know people that think the US has as many as 53 states so 57 isn't bad.

Now if he said like... 56 or 59 or something.... then there would be no good explination.