By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS360 - Wii sales gap by month

superchunk said:
OT: You would think the 'gap' would be increasing, not decreasing as Wii creeps closer to 50% market share.

No, because keep in mind that PS360 is still selling more than the Wii by itself. The gap gets closer as the Wii inches closer to 50%, when they'll be selling the same amount. When the Wii crosses 50% the gap will start increasing again, only this time the Wii will be on top.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network
Millennium said:
superchunk said:
OT: You would think the 'gap' would be increasing, not decreasing as Wii creeps closer to 50% market share.

No, because keep in mind that PS360 is still selling more than the Wii by itself. The gap gets closer as the Wii inches closer to 50%, when they'll be selling the same amount. When the Wii crosses 50% the gap will start increasing again, only this time the Wii will be on top.

Wait, Ps360 is selling more than Wii? I think I misread.

The sales for 2008 are:

Wii: 13.7M

Ps3: 6.8M

X360: 5.3M

Ps360: 12.1M

Difference: + 1.6M Wii (and heavily increasing, it lost early in the year, but wins by a lot now).

Last 3 months = + 877K Wii.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Millennium said:
superchunk said:

False.

In order for the Wii to increase market share it must be selling more than the PS3 and 360 combined.

Actually I had my previous post wrong. The graph is showing the the gap is decreasing correctly because the Wii is slowly catching the PS360 total. My bad I had the logic backwards.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
libellule said:
this is not funny

everybody knows that the gap will increase over months/years ...

Really? I didn't know that. I thought it was the oposite way around right now, Wii closing the gap.

Come now Oyvoyvoyv. He clearly must have meant that the sales gap between the Wii and the HD consoles will continue to widen, and that the slope of the second chart will steepen even further. Any other explanation would be...illogical.

Sorry, original post edited for clarity.

The first graph refers to total sales, not weekly sales. When(if) it hits 0, the Wii will be on 50% marketshare

Around the Network

Edited for October sales - decent month for the Wii, which seems to be enjoying a very early Christmas period. Gained 130k on the PS360 and 0.2% marketshare

Still a long way to go, but it should get there