By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Comprehensive Console JRPG Thread.

Legend of the River King (Wii) http://wii.ign.com/objects/827/827204.html#aboutThisGame

Already released in Japan.

Oh and you should have made this thread a day after TGS ended :P

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

The reason I made it before TGS was so that it wouldn't be as much work all at once. Now I can just update it for TGS.

Legend of the River King is only an RPG if you consider Harvest Moon an RPG, which I don't.

trestres said:
@Naz: Yes, SEGA never mentioned it would be released outside Japan...

Actually, what they said was that they were less than impressed with Shiren the Wanderer's sales here in the West (thanks to all you a**holes who didn't buy it...) and that the chances of localizing part three are slim (although not completely ruled out).

I'll update more later. Sleeping.

naznatips said:
I already pointed this out above but I feel it deserves stating again:

Every Wii game left TBA on that list is absolutely valid for US publishing.

Most are published by Marvelous, who is 2 for 2 so far on their Wii RPGs with Muramasa and Little King's Story, which were their first 2 announced Wii JRPGs... who would have thought they would announce them for North America in order right?

Golden Bonds is developed by Jaleco, co-developers of Little King's Story, which again is confirmed for the US.

Fragile is not confirmed for the US, but Namco has published their other Wii RPGs in the US to this point so again, I have no reason to doubt until stated otherwise.

I'm pretty pissed that I'm getting all this crap. I gave every console the same treatment, not counting a few games I forgot. It's not easy to look up that many RPGs and their release dates as well as find sources for the validity of a stateside release.

I appreciate what you did naz, and I thank you for it.  One request, could you label what kind of rpg they are?  I've never heard of a lot of them and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  And FFv13 should probably be lol +12 months instead of 6.  I don't think SE would release two such hyped games so close together.

Around the Network

And the best are on X360 (Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean the last hope, and Final Fantasy XIII) i am pretty happy :)

100% Mexican Power

naznatips said:
gebx said:

More 360 JRPG's

The Embrace of Time's -http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/778/778117.html Japan only

Spectral Diario - http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/761/761561.html Japan only

Apocalypse -Desire Next- http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/964/964995.html Concept art isn't screens (not to mention concept art from 2005.  Vaporware).

@Others: Monster Hunter 3 is an action game, not a JRPG.  There is no form of stat increase which is a necessary component of the genre.  You just buy different gear.  You never upgrade your actual character.

I agree, it isn't too much of a RPG. As there isn't any story, just quests.

Although, I would add Dynamic Slash from the Nintendo conference.

Great job naz!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

superkasei said:
And the best are on X360 (Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean the last hope, and Final Fantasy XIII) i am pretty happy :)

Esos no han sido lanzados, pueden ser malos juegos

Those are not launched yet, they can be bad games.

MANUELF said:
superkasei said:

Just like Pokemon is a bad game. 

See, everyone can have their own hopes and opinions.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
MANUELF said:
superkasei said:

Just like Pokemon is a bad game. 

See, everyone can have their own hopes and opinions.

Saying that games that aren't out yet may or may not be good is more of an observation than an opinion.