By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your favorite systems?

Excluding handhelds,

Wii
SNES
N64
PlayStation
Dreamcast

Around the Network

Xbox 360, Playstation 1, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, Xbox.

And I guess Gameboy Color if you want to throw in hand helds. All of those consoles have brought me countless hours of fun. Right now the 360 is really making me get back into gaming and I'm loving it.

N64
Wii
Gamecube
DS
SNES

I pretty much like all systems though.

Well, this wont be pretty...

1. N64 (2 games in my top 10, 5 in the top 20)

I had so many magical moments on this system, thanks to a new 3D playground and 4 player shenanigans. Both in single and multiplayer, there was so much fun to be had. Good times, good times...

2. Genesis (2 games in my top 10, 3 in the top 20)

This was the beginning of it all folks, and it cemented my Sonic obsessions. Not one, not two, but four amazing Blue Blur titles at my finger tips. Awesome. Plus, I had a whole lot of fun with Earthworm Jim and Mortal Kombat.

3. GameCube (3 games in my top 10, 5 in the top 20)

It was an evolution of the N64 days, and that's never a bad thing. With Wind Waker, Prime, and Resident Evil 4, the GameCube was home to many a great game. I had a blast through it all.

4. Wii (1 game in my top 10, 5 in the top 20)

I've grown older, my tastes have "matured" if you will (And I'm humble too!). The Wii is a great console for me because it offers just as much of a revolution as it does an evolution in gaming. Plus, the multiplayer fun has grown enormously, and that's a major plus.

5. DS (0 games in my top 10, 0 in the top 20)

It's not that I don't like the DS. It's in my top 5 systems for Pete's sake. It's just that there haven't been that many memorable games that have redefined me as a gamer. There have been plenty of great and enjoyable games on the little handheld that could, don't get me wrong. New Super Mario Bros., the Castlevania series (can't wait for Ecclesia), and Pokemon stand out as games I've enjoyed.

1. Dreamcast- everything about it was great except for its sales. nice and small design, cool controller, arguably the most innovative memory card ever if that category exists, first real online console, and if were talking about a first party developer on there system nothing tops those 2 years of sega sonic adventure 1 and 2, jet set radio, shenmue 1 and 2, phantasy star online, skies of arcadia, and the 2k series of sports games

2. SNES- huge improvment all around from the nes, the system that i started gaming on. classics like FF6, SMW, LOZ: LTTP and countless others

3. Xbox 360- great game library, a full online experience with great online shooters, love halo, and awesome arcade, but some hardware reliability problems

4. N64- innovative controller with joy stick, rumble, and shoulder buttons, first system with 4 players and still the best for it pretty much with mariokart, smash bros, golden eye, and perfect dark, and ocarina of time

Around the Network

1. SNES

2. DS

3. Wii

4. N64

5. Dreamcast

1-PS2

Need I say more? Everyone knows how great this system is...

2-PS1-

Better times than the PS2, but didn't own many games for it dropping it to second.

3-Gen

Started my gaming, and I wasted a ton of time on it.

4-PS3

Warhawk=Life, besides GOD of War III!

5-DS

I only own three games for this system, but thats enough to out play the others.

1 - Playstation 2

2 - Super Nintendo

3 - Playstation

They all have an incredible library. Full of classics. I had years of fun with these consoles, and there are still games that I want to play but still haven't.

1. Intellivision -- my first system (after a pong unit). Sort of like your first love. Plus I still have it, have all the games, have ways of playing the unreleased ones, etc.

2. Wii -- my while box of happy that doubles as a Gamecube (an underrated system in my opinion).

3. Saturn -- my home for import gaming, classic remakes, 2D stuff, and really blocky graphics.

4. Dreamcast -- my experimental system that can be used for homebrew and related stuff plus a lot of good games.

5. Gamegear -- my handheld unit that played a little bit of everything and did it in bright color.

(It should be noted that I technically do not own a DS right now, so it could not be considered for my list).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

1. Sega Saturn
  2. Sega Dreamcast
  3. Xbox
  4. Sega Genesis
  5. Xbox 360