By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Activision blames Nintendo for Goldeneye not being released

I think people are replying here because there are so much people who can't see why nintendo won't let xbox have this game. That is why I'm replying...

This looks so obvious, first it will be dumb to let your competition release an enhanced version of a game that you own, it will be stupid to give xbox anything.

Goldeneye sold very well on a Nintendo console and they got the profits from it, why give any profit at all to the competition.. Also the competition just creates an enhanced game that you have rights to without saying a word to you and then in the end ask if they can release it after the fact they already went behind your back and made all these changes. I'll say !@!@ you too

Around the Network
joeschmoe789 said:

I've been thinking for a while now that Goldeneye has a slim chance of being re-released on a current gen console since it was originally published by Nintendo, developed by Rare (which is now owned by Microsoft), and the rights to the Bond franchise belong to Sony. I find it hard to believe that these three competitors could ever cooperate in a manner that would get the game released.

Yup.

And that goes back to my previous post, that an even bigger casualty of this whole mess is that Rare's extensive back-catalogue of games may never get to see the light of day (well, not anytime soon it looks like) because of all kinds of licensing issues and Microsoft now owning Rare.

Take a gander at all the amazing games this generations is missing out on playing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rare_Ltd._games

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Wow it looks that it's easy to blame people, let me try.. well i blame MS becase they bought RARE.. see? it's easy..

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

NightDragon83 said:
joeschmoe789 said:

I've been thinking for a while now that Goldeneye has a slim chance of being re-released on a current gen console since it was originally published by Nintendo, developed by Rare (which is now owned by Microsoft), and the rights to the Bond franchise belong to Sony. I find it hard to believe that these three competitors could ever cooperate in a manner that would get the game released.

Yup.

And that goes back to my previous post, that an even bigger casualty of this whole mess is that Rare's extensive back-catalogue of games may never get to see the light of day (well, not anytime soon it looks like) because of all kinds of licensing issues and Microsoft now owning Rare.

Take a gander at all the amazing games this generations is missing out on playing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rare_Ltd._games

Rare can release the majority of those. Any Battletoads game, Blast Corps, Perfect Dark. Who cares about Goldeneye when Perfect Dark was everything Goldeneye was but better alot better. Give us that Rare.

That article is full of horse shit, as others said here which i agree, this is not about nintendos ego or being greedy, but because its buisness. why would they let their competitor get it too? MS doesnt own shit of the game but rare overall

Aside from this does nintendo have any say to the banjo series i mean since the xbox is getting it im pretty sure everything that says nintnendo on it will be replaced with MS name. Did nintendo and ms ever agree to this? these two franchises are pretty much in the same situation (as with all rare owned IPs), both rare owned games owned my MS and Nintendo..

Around the Network

I blame WiiFit.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Now that I think about it, maybe Nintendo should have tried to get Rare developed catalog titles published to the virtual console soon after the Wii launched. Back then both Microsoft and Nintendo stated outright that the two consoles were not in direct competition. Microsoft seems to be changing their story as the Wii gobbles up marketshare though.

This is Nintendo's game and always will be. ;)

joeschmoe789 said:

and the rights to the Bond franchise belong to Sony.

Aren't those of Activision?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:
joeschmoe789 said:

and the rights to the Bond franchise belong to Sony.

Aren't those of Activision?

Yes, I looked it up and you're correct. In 2006, Activision secured the licence to make Bond-related games. I didn't realize that separate companies distributed Bond movies and Bond-related games.

It's surprising that Sony hasn't made a move to secure exclusive rights to Bond-related games seeing as they own rights to the movies.