By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - little big planet :there is something that makes me worry about it

cant happen, independent developers or mod makers which the consumers basically are, cannot be charged with copyright infringement because the mod makers are the ones who produced the material for the levels so Sony and the consumer is safe.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Honestly anything from other companies might be seen as promotion rather then copyright laws being broken.

Talk to the RIAA... you even have to pay for a clip of 31 seconds of music on a website.. now... (thats why all previews are 30 sec) they even wanted to let you pay for any second of music...

Talk to Lucasarts: great Star Wars battlefield MOD?? Sue you!!! and then they make Star Wars: Battle Front... because it was a good idea..

Logo's blurred out in TV coverage? Otherwise you can get sued because you didn't have permission to show their logos on a public accessed medium.. which they don't want because otherwise the company could get sued for illegal product placement...

etc... the copyright laws are very tricky...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Parody is exempt from copyright enforcement....perhaps a few levels names will need to be tweaked, but nothing more.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

As long as Sony does not go, "hey look our game allows you to play mario", I think it will be fine. It is when someone trys to use a copyrighted product to gain profit that people start sueing.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
As long as Sony does not go, "hey look our game allows you to play mario", I think it will be fine. It is when someone trys to use a copyrighted product to gain profit that people start sueing.

No it's not about money.. it's about image.. Lucasarts sues most MOD makers because they think it's bad for the Star Wars reputation (what's left of it) aka crappy mod = crappy starwars..

If somebody made a McDonalds level where a really fat sackboy is in it & the level makes you eat burgers and you grow bigger..

well that's not good for the McDonalds image.. McDonalds is gonna sue..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Nintendo will do as always: laugh at sony and say they are honored..

like they did with sixaxis...or avatars...XDD

lol...poor, poor copycats...BE ORIGINAL?

2d platformers were not invented my Nintendo. Avatars where not invented my Nintendo. Motion sensing was not invented by Nintendo.

I never said it was...but the way they are used today was invented by nintendo..

the way Miis are used, motion sensing is used for the Wii and mario was to platformers..sorry..

that was invented by nintendo indeed..and then the copies start XD ^_^

If I was Miyamoto I would be happy to see that people are making a Mario level in LBP. Why should he be mad that his fans make a level about it?

This is just like all those people who make cartoons about Mario etc....

GodofWine said:
Parody is exempt from copyright enforcement....perhaps a few levels names will need to be tweaked, but nothing more.

Exactly--it's the same reason that allows Mad Magazine to exist XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."