By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit Visuals: Umm.... Damn!

Soriku said:

lol. Who? People are hyping the graphics because they're actually good...who said they were PS360 level?

Showertea did. Still, I don't see DMJ's point - the gameplay > graphics argument simply means there are other things more important than graphics, not that they're worthless. You can say the HD fanboys claiming graphics are everything, therefore the Wii is inferior are hypocrites too, since they aren't playing on a PC (which looks better than the HD consoles).

Either way, there are idiot fanboys on all sides, no need to put them in the spotlight all the time.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
SeriousWB said:
DMeisterJ said:
I'm going to say what I say in each one of these threads.

It looks good... for a Wii game.

I don't understand what people want from these threads... People constantly talk about "Gameplay > Graphics" yet post pics/videos from this game ad nauseum. Then people tell them the game looks good, for being on the Wii, and they're trolls or something else like that.

The game looks good for a non-HD game. And there are plenty of games out there that put that to shame. Most of the games that put it to shame are PS360 games, and a few Nintendo made Wii games, but still, there are games that look so much better than that.

I should stress again, that the game does look extremely nice though. ^_^

Relevance?

It's like going into a Resistance 2 thread just to say "Well Crysis looks better".

Well, not many PS3 owners would put Resistance and Crysis on the same level, graphic-wise.  But many Wii owners did (and still currently do) put Conduit on PS360 levels graphics-wise.

There was a whole thread dedicated to it when it was first announced. 

Seems pretty relevant to me.

@ tarheel

Agreed.

It's not so much that we're comparing them to PS3/X360 but many people and media, and even developers, claimed Wii simply coudln't do those things.  This is why The Conduit's graphics are getting so much recognition because according to so many the Wii isn't supposed to be able to do that.

Remember that one developer claiming Wii couldn't do shaders?  While we do enjoy gameplay over graphics, it still sucks to hear bullshit comments like that and then ahve a million fanboys repeat it over and over again.  So that when a game like the Contuit comes along, it's not just about it actually looking good but feeding the morons a nice helping of crow meat.

As for the X360/PS3 comparisons, blame that on the media.  How many articles have you read that have line like, "At first I thought it was an X360 game" somewhere in it?   Because those guys have had hands on expereince with the game, many Wii gamers have taken their word for it (just like many X360/PS3 gamers took the media and developers word for it that Wii couldn't do shaders).

I hope that helps make sense of things for you.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

YEAH, YEAH... the visuals were good but what we wanna know was whose the publisher! >:|

We're waiting for 2 weeks already to knew whose the publisher and high Voltage still didnt tell whose the publisher. Will this game even published?!!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Viper1 said:

It's not so much that we're comparing them to PS3/X360 but many people and media, and even developers, claimed Wii simply coudln't do those things.  This is why The Conduit's graphics are getting so much recognition because according to so many the Wii isn't supposed to be able to do that.

Remember that one developer claiming Wii couldn't do shaders?  While we do enjoy gameplay over graphics, it still sucks to hear bullshit comments like that and then ahve a million fanboys repeat it over and over again.  So that when a game like the Contuit comes along, it's not just about it actually looking good but feeding the morons a nice helping of crow meat.

As for the X360/PS3 comparisons, blame that on the media.  How many articles have you read that have line like, "At first I thought it was an X360 game" somewhere in it?   Because those guys have had hands on expereince with the game, many Wii gamers have taken their word for it (just like many X360/PS3 gamers took the media and developers word for it that Wii couldn't do shaders).

I hope that helps make sense of things for you.

That's the truth, but articles like IGN's E3 The Conduit hand's on article talk about people walking by and asking them if it was a 360 game.  And when compared to the early 360 games which were essentailly just barely upgraded Xbox games most of the time it does look like a 360 game cause essentially Wii is a upgrade from Xbox.  Get it?  People saw similar graphics early in 360's life so people see The Conduit and at a quick glance it could come off as HDish graphics.

It's not a 360 or PS3 game by any means but people like to bash people that bring up that fact, but honestly if you got anyone that had never heard of the Conduit let them walk past it randomly on a show floor usually they'll ask if it's a 360 game until they see someone playing with a Wii remote.  Not to mention the fact that most of these people are also used to seeing the Wii games looking barely upgraded from GC/PS2.

I've never seen someone seriously say it was as good as a 360 game but it is a good point to make that it has been confused for a 360 game cause that means the Wii can do a lot more then so called "experts" in the field have said, which most likely is an excuse to not push the hardware and also so they can peddle their shovelware without backlash.  Anyway it's a great looking Wii game and people should quit hounding it, it's got some polish left to go, if it's going to be anything it should be constructive saying what it needs to improve on instead of saying the game looks like "meh" "ass" "average" "crap" etc that isn't adding anything to the discussion at all.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I don´t like the water :S, other than that looks ok :P

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

okay, saw the video, here's my question.

Why are enemies standing in the open shooting at you and not moving? Where's AI in this?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@kingofwale

It's been mentioned before many times, all demos are done with the easy setting.  Go look at the demo level from the Nintendo summit to show off the AI of the easy level.  Still set on easy but not as easy as most the videos make it out to be.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

its not visuals are important.
they are part of a bigger piece.

sony was always the underdown til this generation.

any wii fanboy that say they are not important they better hope they weren't the ones saying the GC was superior or the ps2 or n64 to ps1 due it graphics.

that pure hyprocrisy, this game its looking like must buy but i think it need some work before release.
im hoping for local multiplayer and better antialiasing.

Wii fanboys aren't claiming they aren't important. Wii bashers are claiming Wii fanboys are claiming that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

kingofwale said:
okay, saw the video, here's my question.

Why are enemies standing in the open shooting at you and not moving? Where's AI in this?

okay, saw your post history, here's my question

why are you in a nintendo thread? Dont you hate all nintendo stuff?

jk