By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC World's 10 Most Overrated Products Vs Underrated: Wii Mentioned ...

Maybe the draft was OSX over / Vista under, but someone had an attack of sanity and changed it to XP / Vista which still helps MS promote its product.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:
so basically they took the mots popular and least popular, and tagged it with overrated and underrated symbol. yep. PSP really isnt overrated, it sold about the most it should for the amount of good games it has.

That seems to be the problem with the list in a nutshell. If it was presented in a style of "X is nice, and everyone loves it, but Y is also great and Needs More Love," that wouldn't be a problem. But the format it is, "X Is Popular So It Sucks, and Y is so much better than that crap."

The Wii and PSP thing is one. The handful of marquee titles in this year is just from Nintendo themselves, but the site twists that means the Wii isn't getting any unique titles and features. That is not the same, and both systems are getting great games.

Also, the streaming video vs blu-ray page. Okay, blu-ray has great video and audio quality. If that really mattered to the mainstrea, it would already be more popular than streaming video. Also, they are forgetting that streaming video allows a lot more variety of content. Fans of Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series wouldn't likely even get that series without streaming video. Blu-ray has its merits, but that page reads like a pathetic plea.

And even one I agree with is off. Yes, Paint.Net kicks ass. Paint Shop is great too. But why is the cost listed as an afterthought in why Photoshop is overrated, while discussing the necessity of print optimization gets most of that pargraph?

EDIT: Okay, the PSP could use more hit games in the west, but it's likely going to outsell the SNES in a year or so. If that's underrated, what the hell?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Roma said:
bouzane said:
Roma said:
Shadowblind said:

Agree with article, despite liking the Wii. I also agree with the rest of the article as well.

Are you crazy how can you agree? where are the unique titles for the psp? loco roco(sp?)

Patapon, Crush, Echocrome and Dead Head Fred are fantastic handheld games that shouldn't be overlooked by anybody who calls themself a gamer.

Never really cared about the psp so never heard of them but the way the article goes it makes it like the psp is the real innovation and the Wii is nothing new :P  

And thats why the psp is underrated :P

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Untouch said:
lol

I laughed when they said blue-ray was better then streaming video.

But they didn't, actually. They simply stated that one was overrated while the other was underrated. Same for the Wii vs. PSP, they're not actually saying one is better than the other, it's just how the public unfairly views each of the products, whether it be more favourable than they think it should be or not.

I don't agree with everything on the list, but I think many are reading a bit too much into this.

I agreewith the "PSP is Underrated" part, but it actually isn't. It's the best second place selling console in history, and still selling. It was Sony's first handheld try, but if they expect it to be better than the DS, then they got something else going.

As far as the Wii being Underrated, no, it isn't. It's the first of it's type and desserves the hype.

Around the Network

It's kind of funny because the PSP used to be over rated and the Wii used to be under rated, it's interesting to see how they've flipped.

PC Gamer
Dolla Dolla said:

Rest of the list

1. Touch Interface(iPhone) - Overrated, A Good Keyboard(Sidekick 2008) - Underrated
2. Nintendo Wii - Overrated, Sony PSP - Underrated
3. Mini Notebooks - Overrated, Ultraportable Laptops - Underrated
4. iTunes - Overrated, Slacker and Pandora - Underrated
5. Facebook - Overrated, Multiply - Underrated
6. Apple iPod iTouch - Overrated, Microsoft Zune - Underrated
7. Google Apps - Overrated, OpenOffice 3.0 - Underrated
8. Adope Photoshop CS4 - Overrated, Paint.Net - Underrated
9. Windows XP - Overrated, Windows Vista - Underrated
10. Streaming Video - Overrated, Blu-ray Disc - Underrated

Highlighted some interesting ones.

http://tech.msn.com/products/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=10762232&imageindex=1

1. I agree that the iPhone is overrated but the Sidekick damn sure isn't underrated.
  2. The Wii is only overrated by fanboys but other than that I disagree with this one.
  3. I disagree and there reasons were very flawed.
  4. I do feel iTunes is overrated but not for the reasons they state. Also I don't think Pandora is underrated.
  5. I agree with the Facebook part but I've never heard of Multiply.
  6. I totally agree although I still would buy a Touch over a Zune.
  7. I think this is really a stupid argument.
  8. Another stupid argument.
  9. See #7 & #8
  10. I'll agree with this one 100%

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo