By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest Flop of Last Generation

What do you consider the biggest flop of last generation?

There were quite a few but I'm just going to state a few...

The Dreamcast - I love it to death but the PS2 uprooted it and pretty much pissed all over it. (Biggest reason I hate Sony)

The Gizmondo - LOL

The N-Gage - Pretty much entered a market monopolized by the Gameboy Advance and highlighted on its multimedia capabilities but was poorly designed especially for something that's supposed to function as a cell phone

The E-reader - I remember getting Pokemon Sapphire with E-reader cards but never used them..  Super Mario Bros. Advance 4 had bonus content with E-reader but, I guess it just didn't catch on..

The Xbox controller -

Sadly enough I consider the Gamecube a flop but all 3(remaining) systems last generations were fairly similar to consumers, this and the fact that the PS2 was released a year before the Cube and Box, the third party support for the PS2, the growing popularity of DVD and it's association with the PS2 and RARE, SEGA and PC fans buying the Xbox, SEGA fans buying the Gamecube, and Most SEGA fans buying the PS2..  I guess the Playstation 2 was pre-destined to dominate last generation.

What do you consider the biggest flop of last gen.  And I'm ready for Gamecube/Xbox comments.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

I think the Gamecube wasn't a flop because it made profit......with that said it was last place and had the lowest market share.

I think a pretty big flop last generation was PSX....

I forgot to say the Gameboy Player on the GC and the Microphone accessory on the GBA.

Pixel Art can be fun.

How about the Gameboy Micro! I actually wonder if anyone even knows what the PSX is.

Acevil said:
How about the Gameboy Micro! I actually wonder if anyone even knows what the PSX is.

it was ps2 with DVR functions, it was only released in Japan

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

Advent Rising
Beyond Good and Evil (most awesome flop ever!)

I think the E Reader was the biggest flop, I remember seeing them on sale for like 5 dollars and still not buying them.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

d21lewis said:
Advent Rising
Beyond Good and Evil (most awesome flop ever!)

This topic is about hardware. Sorry :\

Pixel Art can be fun.

UMD Movies could also be considered a flop, but is that last generation or this?
That isn't hardware!

Acevil said:
UMD Movies could also be considered a flop, but is that last generation or this?

PSP is this generation so no..

Pixel Art can be fun.