By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah, your logic is flawed, but Kid Icarus is basically already confirmed to be in development. We're just waiting for the official announcement (E3 09?).

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

Around the Network

IGN are idiots. They were talking about Kid Icarus before E3. It wasn't there. They talked about Kid Icarus before the recent press conference. It wasn't there. Each time they talked about how they weren't sure why it wasn't there!

Instead, Nintendo announced Motion Plus and Wii Speak at E3, announced some games like Wario Land and Captain Rainbow around the same time, and announced DSi and about a dozen new games at the recent press conference. IGN was instrumental in breaking NONE of these stories. I think they may have talked about Punch Out!!, but that's it.

They should take all the time they waste yapping about Kid Icarus, a game which may or may not be in development by Factor 5 or another developer, and use it to talk about things that actually exist. Or else they should prove KI exists.

Their "industry connections" are obviously pretty weak when they hang their hat on breaking that Halo DS story. Y'know, how the game was in development, and they proved it by producing a playable demo from when it wasn't greenlighted?

The problem is, even if they did have an inside scoop, they can't really talk about it, because they are bought and paid for by game publishers. That's why they've played this game with Kid Icarus, where instead of producing proof and running a story, they've just "hinted" about the game in podcasts. They just exist to run previews and reviews when the publishers want them to, with the content they want, without asking questions, in exchange for ad revenue. Too much in terms of actual journalism will threaten that relationship.

Long story short: believe in Kid Icarus Wii when you see it.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

IGN's word is law.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

While I do think that Kid Icarus Wii is going to be made and is being made right now. I don't think that logic is good enough to say he will be in a game on the Wii. However, if that logic is true then:

Golden Sun 3!!!! :O Issac was an assist trophy! Golden Sun 3. /me faints.... I can dream, can't I. lol

Punch Out is bloody obvious. Not like WS wouldn't clue you in to assuming a boxing game would turn up.

I want real information from real sources. To be honest if i was an employee IGN would be the last people i would tell anything. Theyre a big company and would almost certainly ruin the surprise.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

well we know that factor 5 are making a game for nintendo we just dont know what it is

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

16-bit gamer said:

Saki Amamiya was an assist trophy in Brawl and they just announced Sin and Punishment 2

No, the reason there is Sin and Punishment 2 is because of it's VC sales, It has nothing to do with Saki being in SSB.

Like everyone said your logic is flawed, If that was the case why isn't there no new Ice Climbers, R.O.B and Game and Watch games?

Why isn't Mother 3 and Stafy games localized?

I won't get to an argument on why IGN is full of sh!t about Kid Icarus, other than the fact they don't have any proof of its existance, if they really have inside info why didn't they announce Punch-Out!!, S&P2 and Another Code2 beforehand and hyped about them?

They don't know anything, they just made it up.

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

I believe in Kid Icarus Wii.

I really wish they'd officially announce it and end all this speculation.

Kid Icarus is probably real. I trust the IGN guys more than any other site.

Oh and Punch-Out characters were also present in Captain Rainbow...

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

16-bit gamer said:

Little Mac was an assist trophy in Brawl and they just announced a new Punch-out!!

Saki Amamiya was an assist trophy in Brawl and they just announced Sin and Punishment 2

and since Pit was a character that probably means it has a game in devolpment too and brawl was a way to introduce everyone to the character.

Dont bet on it... Its not true, after the dozen of Ninty announced in the last conference which they published why no Kid Icarus? Again, no Kid Icarus...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg