By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

that doesn't look bad for an in-game shot. Actually that looks pretty nice, with a little bit more polish, that'd be pretty good. If that's not in-game, then that's kinda bad.

Around the Network
Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@blackstar

the BEST FF had a main character who was a girl

Terra in FF6

FF VI had two main characters. Terra and Locke. So you're partially right :)

and blackstar, we could use a break from all male FF protagonists... a girl main is good.

Well, to be honest, the recent ones didn't really look like guys to me anyway, so at least they got the gender right this time. Then again, we can question Lightning' model influence (Cloud anyone?)...! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@blackstar

Terra in FF6

and blackstar, we could use a break from all male FF protagonists... a girl main is good.

I'd say Terra and Celes were the two main characters.

Terra during the first half of the game... and Celes during the second half.  Of course to be fair that was part of the Brilliance of FF6.  It had a few characters you could argue as the main character.

SHMUPGurus said:
Munkeh111 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Munkeh111 said:
Vaza said:
Hehe, they are using a 360 controller on the PC.

Looks really good, you can't expect it to look as good as the final product as there is not environment with lighting and shadows (plus AA).

I was really worried when I saw that controller, I still am a little worried, because if they are working on the 360 version then some of the TGS rumours could be true...

You mean that a Japanese version could come out on the 360, which is bad because...?

I want the PS3 to do well, I prefer my PS3 over my 360, so I would prefer if more jRPGs came out on PS3.

Also, it will likely lead to the game being delayed in Japan, and probably in others as well, (I think)

It will mean that the game is not optimised for the PS3, which could mean that it wont run as well etc....

Weird, because I've read that Square Enix will indeed optimize the game for the PS3, and then port it to the 360 with what this console can do. I hardly believe the ''GTA IV argument'' will apply for this game.

*B4 E3 2008* - That's wierd cause I've read numerous pieces saying that the game is a WorldWide ps3 exclusive...

4 ≈ One

vdoesntforgive said:
FJ-Warez said:
So, why do you freak out, is just a preview, work in progress ¬¬

It's not even a work in progress, the character designs are finished. This is just how it looks in it's workspace, without materials and lights.

People here are just uninformed little shits, that's all.

Err.. thats called work in progress too ¬¬

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@blackstar

Terra in FF6

Well, to be honest, the recent ones didn't really look like guys to me anyway, so at least they got the gender right this time. Then again, we can question Lightning' model influence (Cloud anyone?)...! =P

I don't think you have to question it.  I'm pretty sure when they revealed the character that it was "Cloud but a girl."

I mean... the name already gives it away.

Doesn't stop people from fauning all over her though.

Makes me realize why some people liked FF7.

Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@blackstar

Terra in FF6

As long as the character holds up well, and the story works great, I don't mind at all which gender.

But for the record, Lightning seems pretty damn cool so far ^_^

4 ≈ One

Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@blackstar

Terra in FF6

i didn't play ff6 :S

and why not ? bring it on lightning ;)

SHMUPGurus said:
Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@blackstar

Terra in FF6

Yup... Vaan is one of the reasons I dislike FF12 (beside the fact that it barely feels like an FF game, of course).

I mean, what's the deal with him? whiny, annoying, looks like... I don't know how to describe it, lol... a guy on the forums told me that they were gonna make Basch lead. Vaan was eventually chosen because of the Japanese public... well... they screwed the game bad. On the topic of Lightning, after finishing FF7, watching AC (Japanese VA ftw! I'll buy the Blu-Ray version for sure!), and finishing Dirge of Cerberus, I can honestly say: anything that's influenced by FF7 is gotta be good. The universe and cast of that game are pretty epic. So, if she's Cloud in any way, it's only good.

@Kasz: Well... Celes isn't as apparent and important throughout the whole game. That's why I didn't give her the main character position. She is, however, my 2nd favorite female FF character. Below Tifa and above Aerith.

SHMUPGurus said:
Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@blackstar

Terra in FF6

i think people in japan like the recent charecters and think they are "cool" .. i listen to japanese music and they dress and look like FF charecters,,