By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioshock Screens: X360 vs PS3

Your PS3 shot has been tampered with, I've played the demo and it looks far better than that.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
GummyCol said:

Seriously, 2K really think I'm going to pay more for a inferior game when I get the better version alot cheaper...

As you can see, the lighting for the PS3 version is indeed better but the textures are far more superior on the X360

If you're thinking of picking up a copy of Bioshock or missed it when it came out, buy the X360 version since its cheaper and has the same story and gameplay as the PS3 version.

I actually took the time to compare the two versions today. (The 360 version which I own, and the PS3 demo version.) They both look pretty close, with the PS3 version edging out with some better lighting/colour.

Oddly enough I was actually examining that particular Big Daddy's head in-game from the screenshot you posted, only a few hours ago. For some reason it's really badly pixelated on the PS3 version. Almost like the developers 2K missed a spot or something. You also have to go up very close to notice it. A few feet back and it looks the same.

That Big Daddy's head does seem to be somewhat of an exception, in that having combed through the entire demo length of both the PS3 version and the 360 version one after the other looking for flaws and glitches, it was pretty much the only thing that looked noticeably different on the two versions, and most certainly would not have effected any gamers experience.

I'm slightly confused as to why you think any 360 owner would have waited until the PS3 port arrived to make a decision. However based on the fact that all the DLC ships on the disc and that some bonus content is being added to the PS3 version, coupled with the better colour/lighting, the PS3 version, in my opinion, is the superior version.

Edit: Although you do have a point about the cost.

If this is the case then I don't care about this small little issue. Am getting the ps3 version.

4 ≈ One

as already pointed in neogaf, 360 version is better in all area and

one more option ps3 doesn't have THE VSYNC OPTION ,

360 version HAVE IT, by using vsync enabled off, 360 version can go as high as 60 fps most of the time

also remember above picture that said ps3 version have better lighting, usually because 360 version is uding component or vga, not HDMI. try using HDMI and adjust the screen first

I Can't tell a difference.

Not that I care.

u are judging how the whole game looks by 1 picture comparison? are you crazy

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Wow and they had an install

Add to that Uncharted has no install, massively better visuals than bioshock, and we still get this with an install?

I take offense to that, no game that has texture pop-in and screen tearing can have "awesome visuals". If we set the bar that low, than all our games will look awesome but run at 5 fps.

On Topic: I'm pretty sure they said PS3 would look better, so I think we should wait until we see the whole game before we judge. Still, I'm not buying it.

lol ps3 version look really bad =.=

lazy developers again.

This Big Daddy PS3 shot seems bogus -- I have the 360 Bioshock, and have downloaded the PS3 demo... I just plain can't see the bad texturing, on my 40" LCD. Where did these shots come from?

The PS3 version definately looks better to me, albeit not by a huge margin or anything. If I didn't own it already, I would probably pick it up for the PS3.  I also cannot see the supposedly enhanced water, etc. in the demo however.  Its possible that some of the new texture data has been cut from the demo, to save bandwidth, I suppose.

3rd party multiplatform games always have issues with the PS3, meanwhile Sony's 1st and 2nd party titles deliver (and some 3rd like MGS4), and Sony's support has been improving since 2007, with different companies helping with that... So what is your problem 3rd party devs??? you already can do better than that, but you won't because M$ is driving you to laziness one game at a time, they're trying to pull a Windows on the gaming industry, and you're helping them...

As a software developer, this really freaks me out, i have been seeing the M$ effect for years in different workplaces, god i hate them... Now if you excuse me, i have to finish a website written in ASP.NET (Why God why)...