By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will sell more hardware Fable 2 or Little big planet?

I think it will be about a tie. Little big planet appeals to more audiences but fable 2 will please all the original xbox owners as well as some new people.

That being said fable 2 will sell a lot more than little big planet.

Favble 2 ltd=4.3 million

little big planet ltd=2.4 million. (not including psn downloads)

Around the Network

Your LBP prediction looks like it may come true, through perhaps a little high. I'm curious why you think Fable 2 will sell 50% above its first iteration?

I'm not too convinced either one will be responsible for a whole lot of hardware sales at all...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Torillian said:
Your LBP prediction looks like it may come true, through perhaps a little high. I'm curious why you think Fable 2 will sell 50% above its first iteration?

I didn't own an XBOX, so I didn't play Fable, but Fable 2 is a day one purchase for me now. I'm sure that i am not the only one who's like this.

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.

Torillian said:

The reason I have fable 2 at a 50% more than fable 1 is that 1. bigger userbase 2 bigger attach rate 3. more live users 4. better advertizing

Around the Network

^Anecdotal evidence.

And as for Fable II... well, most people who had an XBOX already have a 360. So you using that to argue Fable II will push hardware is really moot.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

hmmm i think you guys underestimate lbp.. i got a few friends who had the data and they are realy how can i say it? thet totaly LOVEE! the game....
lbp will sell more hardware if sony ad is much.

I think that Fable 2 will sell more hardware to the xbox 1 and pc players that don`t have the 360 yet. They enjoyed Fable 1 and now they want the 2`nd part. Plus,there are plenty of 360 games plus the reduced price,so they will not regret their purchase.

On the other hand,LBP is a new ip and people may love it or hate it, everybody`s different. It`s on an expensive system and the game library is different from the 360,they may preffer the ps3 or stick with the 360. There is a pretty big ps3 userbase,so no warries,LBP will sell,but the topic was "sell more hardware".

So i think Fable 2 will sell more systems than LBP (with the help of MS marketing machine).

toastboy44562 said:

I think it will be about a tie. Little big planet appeals to more audiences but fable 2 will please all the original xbox owners as well as some new people.

That being said fable 2 will sell a lot more than little big planet.

Favble 2 ltd=4.3 million

little big planet ltd=2.4 million. (not including psn downloads)

A friend is a big xbox surporter, he did not buy fable 1, but will get fable 2, so your guess on its sales could come true, LBP has the pontential to be huge ( more than 4.3m ) but with all new IPs it has the potential to Bomb, also i doubt LBP will be On PSN for download, its a dual layered 40 GB bluray.

Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox360

Currently Playing: UNCHARTED 2 !!

Waiting for: FFXIII, GoW3, GT5, Mass Effect 2

chenguo4 said:
^Anecdotal evidence.

And as for Fable II... well, most people who had an XBOX already have a 360. So you using that to argue Fable II will push hardware is really moot.

Which is why no one buys 360s anymore......

Fable 2 will "appear" to sell more hardware units since it's followed a week later by Fallout 3 then GoW2 releases a week after that.Whereas I doubt many people will rush out right away and spend $400 on a system just for 1 title.