By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Okay, in all seriousness, I can accept other peoples' opinions of which Zelda title is best, so long as it's agreed that the Zelda series is one of the best out there.

As for other GBA games, it seems the only ones that are frequently listed here that I haven't played yet are the Fire Emblem titles and the Advance Wars titles.

Question, how does Days of Ruin measure up to the GBA Advance Wars titles? Because I have Days of Ruin, and I don't have much interest in picking up the GBA ones due to my preference for touchscreen controls.

I'm going to check Fire Emblem.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Snes/nes ports (Breath of fires, zeldas, marios,) oh and Advanced Wars 2.

Well, all Advance Wars games are pretty similar thetonestarr, especially the 2 GBA versions and the 1st DS iteration.. Days of Ruin is the first Advance Wars that's been truly optimized for DS, but it's still very similar to its prequels. So if you've played DOR, you won't really be missing out on too much if you've never played the other titles. It's actually the most fleshed-out version, a bit darker and complex than the others. Also, it has a completely independent storyline.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

all of the above posters.

except Kim Possible.

1.- Final Fantasy VI Advance
2.- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
3.- Pokemon Emerald
4.- Pokemon Ruby
5.- Pokemon Leaf Green

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
Well, all Advance Wars games are pretty similar thetonestarr, especially the 2 GBA versions and the 1st DS iteration.. Days of Ruin is the first Advance Wars that's been truly optimized for DS, but it's still very similar to its prequels. So if you've played DOR, you won't really be missing out on too much if you've never played the other titles. It's actually the most fleshed-out version, a bit darker and complex than the others. Also, it has a completely independent storyline.

Sounds good to me. I may end up trying them out sometime, but for now, I'm happy with my Days of Ruin.

Thanks for the info!

SW-5120-1900-6153

Golden Sun & Wario Land 4 =]

thetonestarr said:
Okay, in all seriousness, I can accept other peoples' opinions of which Zelda title is best, so long as it's agreed that the Zelda series is one of the best out there.

As for other GBA games, it seems the only ones that are frequently listed here that I haven't played yet are the Fire Emblem titles and the Advance Wars titles.

Question, how does Days of Ruin measure up to the GBA Advance Wars titles? Because I have Days of Ruin, and I don't have much interest in picking up the GBA ones due to my preference for touchscreen controls.

Days of Ruin is a disgrace to the previous three games in the series, it's barely decent while its predecessors are some of the best strategy games you can find. And if you like the touchscreen, you can always try Dual Strike for the DS (best game I played in the DS, if I might add)

thetonestarr said:

Days of Ruin for me is a disgrace to the previous three games in the series, it's barely decent while its predecessors are some of the best strategy games you can find. And if you like the touchscreen, you can always try Dual Strike for the DS (best game I played in the DS, if I might add)

The other AW are much less dark, the units are a bit different, and don't have some changes that ruined for me DoR, for example, they have vary distinct COs, unlike DoR where everybody is pretty much the same

thetonestarr said:

Days of Ruin for me is a disgrace to the previous three games in the series, it's barely decent while its predecessors are some of the best strategy games you can find. And if you like the touchscreen, you can always try Dual Strike for the DS (best game I played in the DS, if I might add)

The other AW are much less dark, the units are a bit different, and don't have some changes that ruined for me DoR, for example, they have very distinct COs, unlike DoR where everybody is pretty much the same