By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Harry Potter released on Saturday

So, who's pre-ordered? Who's excited? Who's going to spend all day reading it and end up going to sleep at 5am Sunday morning?

Me, me, me, though I am not sure if I will finish it that quickly (Not as fast at reading English as Spanish)

Around the Network

Prediction: Harry dies.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Prediction: Voldermort dies.

I'll wait till my sister reads it, then get the book from her. Should be a good one, hopefully the best! 

I actually hate this time before the release. I have to pretend every link is another *SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE OH SNAP LOL* link and have to wait for other people to click the link and reply first.

GF said:
Preordered it this morning, on a small shop which made 5% discount :).

I get a 49% discount through Amazon

And don't mind too much about the wait for shipping since I won't have time to read it until a few days after it's released. 

Around the Network
twesterm said:
GF said:
Preordered it this morning, on a small shop which made 5% discount :).

I get a 49% discount through Amazon

And don't mind too much about the wait for shipping since I won't have time to read it until a few days after it's released. 

ha! I got 50% off through Amazon.co.uk   

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

WARNING TO ALL:

according to slashdot someone has managed to leak the content of the book (taking a photo of every page in the book):

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/17/235207

so I'm sure there will be a whole bunch of people out there who will be mean and spoil it for everyone. I'm actually really worried at the moment. So be careful with what you read...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

mjhenry42 said:
It's gonna be pretty cool, my wife and I will be at the midnight release this Friday. What did you think of the Order of the Phoenix movie?

Saw it last night.

First time I have read the book before the movie - and I am very glad I did so. I didn't mind the movie, and can appreciate the issues they had turning such a long book into a movie - but that doesn't excuse what they did. The story was almost destroyed (not going to add any spoilers in here) - no explanation of Kreacher/what he did, how did the Dementors get there, the whole halfbreed centaur thing, Hagrid's mission, etc...

Goblet of Fire still my fav HP movie, and the only one I want to own at the moment. Will start reading book 6 soon...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I agree, Goblet of Fire was a way better movie than Order of the Phoenix, it's too bad they can't just make a five hour movie to include everything :)

Voldemort kills snape

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"