By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 Nintendo related concerns

1.) Punchout stereotypes

I can tell from the crossaints that there will be humorous yet controversial stereotypes in Punchout Wii but in this day and age.. how will it be received?  This isn't 87.

2.) The SD Card and piracy

I see the DSi leading to piracy problems in the future.  The SD card port will make it easier to pirate the DS and sales of DS software might plummet.  I think PSP can approve of this but I don't.

3.) Gamecube remakes

My hope for the Gamecube remakes is that they're $29.99.  I really need Metroid Prime 2, Wind Waker and Pikmin 2 and I don't want to pay 40 bucks for them.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:

2.) The SD Card and piracy

I see the DSi leading to piracy problems in the future.  The SD card port will make it easier to pirate the DS and sales of DS software might plummet.  I think PSP can approve of this but I don't.

The DS is already so easy to pirate for. In fact, the 'advantages' of the SD port in regards to piracy (not needing a flashcart) are probably going to be offset by either requiring to flash the DS (void warranty, potential damage) or the hassle of running some exploit each time you want to play a game.

Given how well the DS is doing, I'm certain that finding another way to pirate games on it isn't going to slow it sales.

Yeah. It's already super easy to crack the DS. I bet that nintendo is going to add a lot of cracking protection to the DSi, potentially making it harder to crack than the DS Lite, at least at first.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

1. I am willing to bet that the issues from Punch Out! Wii will be minimal to none. It's not like it is a white hero killing a bunch of blacks... in Africa... where the majority are black... so in reality it makes perfect sense... I guess.

2. No matter what they do there will be piracy. It won't be any bigger than what you see on Wii currently. Nintendo will keep putting out updates that will brick systems and so on.

3. RE:4 Wii was how much? Yep. That is the "bargain price" Nintendo will hit on launch of these games. I hope they do this with Zelda: WW.

Piracy is mostly an upstream and culture situation. The PSP piracy extravaganza as it seems is mostly because the PSP is a upstream niche market. Where most of these upstream market have the talent to pirate.

The DS is a downstream and bridge/everyone market. So yes piracy is rampant, probably more so, but since the the downstream is such more massive and less tech savvy to pirate. Making it less noticble.

The SD card will not noticibly increase piracy because of this. All the PSP pirates I know also pirate DS games. Actaully all the PSP guys I know are tech savvy and have pirated to some degeee. I do know many people with DS, but aren't tech savvy and thus don't pirate DS games.

Theres nothing wrong with the game cube remakes. The GC had the LOWEST install base last generation. With the Wii being the highest isntall base opens up a massive market to people who didn't play games like AC or Pikmin. With the pointer it makes these games even better. For the already Nintendo gamer from last gen. Then you either played it already and don't need to buy it or take the oppertunity to play it with better controls. I never played Prime 1 & 2 because I won't play FPS with anything but pointer + move controls. ie no Dual Analog.

As for the sterio types. Who knows. We will find out soon enough, but didn't Punch out already release on VC without problems?

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

I played punch out about 19 years ago so don't remember much about it. All I remember is that there was a glass joe guy you started with, there was a mr hippo and that mr dream was pretty much invincible and I had to use a cheat code to by pass him to get to the final boss (mike tyson in the US but I can't remember the name of the european equivalent- actually I think supermacho man might have been the one that was invincible with mr dream being the final boss). So don't remember anything that suggests steretypes. What are the stereotypes you refer to?

I think wii remakes are a good idea but the games should be sensibly priced. Should be no more expensive than resident evil 4 and possibly even cheaper since re4 had the sideways missions which was absent on gamecube. Unfortunately I got all the gamecube games I was interested in so might not be getting any of the wii remakes. Prime 1 would be great but I'm now tired of the series. Might get pikmin 2 if it has great controls and nintendo are dragging their feet releasing 3.

On piracy I don't know anything about how piracy works and whether an sd card slot makes it easier or harder to pirate. But the ds demographic is largely made up of people that just won't or can't pirate (casuals, females, elderly folk, etc) so I doubt it will result in a noticable slowdown in software sales.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

1.- I dont see the problem
2.- I think Nintendo has something for that.
3.- Since I have none of that games is good for me.

I don't mind Punch-Out's "stereotypes". The 1987 game was too much fun to get anywhere near mad over. I mean, who do you know wheres Pink sweatsuits, and is a MAN. Little Mac. I laugh with the game and its international "stereotyping".

Nintendo FULLY AWARE of the piracy aspect, so they've probably have something locked down to offset a majority of potential hackers.

These re-released games should be NO MORE than $30, ever. $24.99 would be almost perfect.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I like when lil mac punches the french guy, croissants just come out of no where. I think that's politically acceptable. Now if you punched him and he turned into a big wet pussy with a white flag coming out and some german tanks crushed him, and then the camera shifts to American soldiers saluting and American flag while a french flag burns and a bunch of french men just shrug and then have hairy unshaven gay sex and do nothing to save their flag before getting nuked by a bomber plane draped in the american flag, then that could be construed as maybe less than politically correct. Though that would be an incredibly awesome Punch Out.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7: jajajaja i laughed really hard with all that

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688