By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Most Addictive Game Ever.

Warcraft 3 for sure.
multiplayer game or mods like footy.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I put out a challenge to any gamers out there. Go play 5 games of DotA and then tell me that the game isn't addictive. I say 5 because it will take a few games to get use to. But after that you're screwed. If anyone is really interested you will need to download the latest map for DotA at Getdota.com, otherwise you will be kicked before the game starts cause they will think you are new.

Astrodust said:
twesterm said:
Astrodust said:
twesterm said:
Tetris. Screw your long quests and tremendous amount of replay value, I can sit and play that game for hours without even realizing it.

What you are experiencing is replay value. One of the requirements for being an addictive game.

When someone says replay value, they generally mean multiple endings, many quests, multiple characters, customizable characters, ect, not simple addictive puzzle games.

I would have to disagree. Replay value is anything that gets you to play it again. The simplest games can have replay value. Minesweeper has replay value but doesn't have anything from your list of criteria.

I'll say it even more clearly this time: when replay value used as a buzz word it generally means those thingsI listed above.

StarCraft

Wii # 4594 3226 7132 0861 (please PM me your if you add me, so I can add you too!)

Taltosh
twesterm said:
Astrodust said:
twesterm said:
Astrodust said:
twesterm said:
Tetris. Screw your long quests and tremendous amount of replay value, I can sit and play that game for hours without even realizing it.

What you are experiencing is replay value. One of the requirements for being an addictive game.

When someone says replay value, they generally mean multiple endings, many quests, multiple characters, customizable characters, ect, not simple addictive puzzle games.

I would have to disagree. Replay value is anything that gets you to play it again. The simplest games can have replay value. Minesweeper has replay value but doesn't have anything from your list of criteria.

I'll say it even more clearly this time: when replay value used as a buzz word it generally means those thingsI listed above.

Replay value is entertainment value. Pure and simple. And it's different for everyone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay_value 

Around the Network

Meteos and Elite Beat Agents. "Youuuuuuu're the Inspiraaaaaaaaaation.."

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

World of Warcraft, stuck 2 years into it, 2 frickin no life years

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

SOE. 7 years of my life given to Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies, Planetside, Everquest 2.

Pokemon, especially when I started playing NetBattle.

Neos said:
World of Warcraft, stuck 2 years into it, 2 frickin no life years

Another fellow recovering WOW player... who knew.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!