By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Japan going to give the Wii best third party support?

@out: Thanks !! That's sooner than I thought. Less than a week :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Oh Nuuuu! The embers!

Soriku said:

@yushire

Ubisoft doesn't need to change. They're Western developers. Western developers are kinda backing the PS3/360 more because they appeal a lot to the West anyway. SE and Konami are Japanese developers...anyone expecting them to not support the Wii with the heavy rise of Japan (and Western) sales is kidding themselves. Konami will at least give the Wii Suikoden for the reasons I stated, SE...who knows what they'll do. FFCC: TCB at least isn't dead and, like I've said countless times before, KH3 is likely to hit the Wii. Even the DS took over two years to get some decent support from SE. You're expecting games they can't make yet. All their teams are busy, can you please wait until those games are finished? The majoirty of their games release in 2009.

So now you're elevating the topic, so the reasons why westernd developers/publishers are backing the PS360 because ity appeal to the western market more? Thats news to me... In the recent sales so far the Wii still outselling the PS360 combined and the ironic part is the western market  have FAR MORE userbase than in Japan. Unless 20,000-30,000 wiis every week compared to atleast 90,000 to 120,000 weekly sales of NA alone is better number according to you.

Just accept it Soriku, you didnt buy a console just to buy a one game alone. We never care if KH3 will be a Wii exclusive or not, we just never care.

@trestes----> I think we're not the only one that feels that way, I think some gamers here still have hope on Konami and Squeenix like I did with Ubisoft. But still,  I dont like those 2 third parties...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
Soriku said:

@yushire

Ubisoft doesn't need to change. They're Western developers. Western developers are kinda backing the PS3/360 more because they appeal a lot to the West anyway. SE and Konami are Japanese developers...anyone expecting them to not support the Wii with the heavy rise of Japan (and Western) sales is kidding themselves. Konami will at least give the Wii Suikoden for the reasons I stated, SE...who knows what they'll do. FFCC: TCB at least isn't dead and, like I've said countless times before, KH3 is likely to hit the Wii. Even the DS took over two years to get some decent support from SE. You're expecting games they can't make yet. All their teams are busy, can you please wait until those games are finished? The majoirty of their games release in 2009.

So now you're elevating the topic, so the reasons why westernd developers/publishers are backing the PS360 because ity appeal to the western market more? Thats news to me... In the recent sales so far the Wii still outselling the PS360 combined and the ironic part is the western market  have FAR MORE userbase than in Japan. Unless 20,000-30,000 wiis every week compared to atleast 90,000 to 120,000 weekly sales of NA alone is better number according to you.

Just accept it Soriku, you didnt buy a console just to buy a one game alone. We never care if KH3 will be a Wii exclusive or not, we just never care.

@trestes----> I think we're not the only one that feels that way, I think some gamers here still have hope on Konami and Squeenix like I did with Ubisoft. But still,  I dont like those 2 third parties...

I have no hope left with Square Enix. FFXII was a huge letdown and Final Fantasy XI was a mmorpg. Most of their games just don't have that guaranteed quality anymore. A lot of my all time favorite games have been made by Square. However, now I'm more happy to hear about the new Tales than the new Final Fantasy.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

yushire said:
Soriku said:

@yushire

i love them though, they waste huge budget to make GREAT over the top games <3

Around the Network

I'm going to say no in answer to the thread title.

The HD consoles are getting the support, whilst it's the little teams/developers from Japan that are supporting the Wii, perhaps bringing in better games (who knows).

But as it stands, the games the big guys are focusing on are going to the 360 and PS3 or rather, are not going to the Wii. WKC, FFXIII and VS, RE5, Street Fighter 4, Star Ocean, MGS4, Castlevania (DS gets the next installment in series, Wii gets a spinoff brawler), Soul Calibur, Tekken, Bionic Commando and the list goes on.

Of the big 4 in Japan (imo) which are S-E, Capcom, Namco-Bandai and Konami, only 1 of the 4 is pushing a big title on the Wii, and that's the next Tales game from Namco-Bandai. The rest are pushing spin-off's, ports or lesser known titles. That may be 3rd party support, but it's far from the "best third party support"

But if we are talking Japan is giving the best Wii 3rd party support as opposed to American and European developers, then yes, that is true.

@Calamity, name me a big 3rd party game that has been recently announced for the PS3 or 360 in Japan.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Calamity, name me a big 3rd party game that has been recently announced for the PS3 or 360 in Japan.

Well, we have Sony and MS making deals with developers to make exclusives with each company publishing that game. So in a sense, it is third party (like Ninja Blade and Demon's Souls) but being published by each platform relative company.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Seeing a major increase in Wii support from Japan would make me happy since 90% of my console games come from japan. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

CAL4M1TY said:
I'm going to say no in answer to the thread title.

The HD consoles are getting the support, whilst it's the little teams/developers from Japan that are supporting the Wii, perhaps bringing in better games (who knows).

But as it stands, the games the big guys are focusing on are going to the 360 and PS3 or rather, are not going to the Wii. WKC, FFXIII and VS, RE5, Street Fighter 4, Star Ocean, MGS4, Castlevania (DS gets the next installment in series, Wii gets a spinoff brawler), Soul Calibur, Tekken, Bionic Commando and the list goes on.

Of the big 4 in Japan (imo) which are S-E, Capcom, Namco-Bandai and Konami, only 1 of the 4 is pushing a big title on the Wii, and that's the next Tales game from Namco-Bandai. The rest are pushing spin-off's, ports or lesser known titles. That may be 3rd party support, but it's far from the "best third party support"

But if we are talking Japan is giving the best Wii 3rd party support as opposed to American and European developers, then yes, that is true.

The problem was most of the games you mentioned asides from Bionic commando are in playstation and mostly the fans that playing those games are also must playing the console it originates from the playstation. I mean have you seen 007 golden eye on the Playstation is it multiplatform? No, its on the N64 and only on N64.

its not that 3rd parties are ditching the Wii at all, just look at the game montage on the press confernce, its just the games that we grew up with are from the Playstation wether its on PSX or the PS2, and for third parties its too risky that a established franchise from the Playstation will be developed on a different system since even me I admit that theres no market for those IPs, CAPCOM was just lucky this time that a spin off and a port actually became a million seller. Theyre not lucky the second time when they want to porta GC title RE 0 and RE GC version on the Wii.

Here's the compromise CAPCOM gives us to us since we whine why theres no Playstation established Ips on the Wii:

RE5- Dead Rising Chop till you drop a remake not a port

Street Fighter IV- Tatsunoko Versus Capcom with added content exclusively on the Wii

Bionic Commando- Spyborgs? :/

And yeah, Monster Hunter 3 the biggest CAPCOM franchise they've done yet and its exclusive on the Wii.

About Squeenix and Konami I didnt give a d**n about them... Their whole company is in ruckus right now, even now we still dont knew when will the release date of Final Fantasy XIII will be and Konami didnt give us any worthy games except for the handhelds except for MGS4.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg