By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Japan going to give the Wii best third party support?

Absolutely. Really right now the only Japanese companies(large ones) that aren't supporting Wii as a majority is Capcom and Square Enix. Now I know those are probably 2 of the biggest but Capcom is slowly moving more towards Wii development than PS360. Square Enix hasn't budged yet though but we'll see. Namco Bandai, Marvelous, Tecmo, Sega, Hudson, Konami, ect all have more games announced for Wii than the other platforms. And that trend will probably continue.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Jo21 said:
Soriku said:
Jo21 said:
Soriku said:
Jo21 said:
not at all.

FF13 and versus are HD.

and thats the game this generation.

wii will get crystal chronicles.

I didn't realize FF was all that mattered.

ToS: DotNW is the game of this generation. PS3 isn't getting a Tales. Guess Wii wins lolz.

But seriously. FF isn't all that matters. There's plenty of other series that are as good or better than FF.

in Japan DQ>=FF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tales in sales.

Because sales is all that matters.

to get third party support yes.

not that tales is bad, but to compete with such huge budget gems like FF (nomura games) or DQ (toriyama RPGS).

its not even close.

And the Wii is the best selling system, hence why it's getting more RPGs than the HD consoles.

lol.

Quantity < Quality.

even if gets x10 tales

not one of those tales will sell more than FF13 or dragon quest IX

Right now the Wii's largest competition in Japan in terms of third party devs is the DS. Final Fantasy isn't the biggest game coming, it's Dragon Quest. And after DQ 9 goes to the DS, expect DQ 10 to hit the Wii. Because it will. Oh yes it will.

Really, if your a Japanese dev, the Wii isn't only the most successful console in all 3 regions, but it's also the only console that isn't struggling or dead in your home region. Even a multiplat HD title is looking at a considerably smaller userbase in Japan. so why spend the extra dev money?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Im not a fan of Konami and Squeenix in terms of 3rd party support of the Wii, but I do agree that almost if not all of japanese third parties are supporting more and more of the Wii than HD consoles.

Anyway I like what Namco Bandai did in terms of third party support, a few promising core hardcore games then the usual lots of casual games for the expanded market, which both are quality games like We Ski, Family Trainer, Fragile and Klonoa. ESPECIALLY KLONOA, who cares if its a remake! I didnt play this gem before now I have chance to play it!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Soriku said:
yushire said:
Im not a fan of Konami and Squeenix in terms of 3rd party support of the Wii, but I do agree that almost if not all of japanese third parties are supporting more and more of the Wii than HD consoles.

Anyway I like what Namco Bandai did in terms of third party support, a few promising core hardcore games then the usual lots of casual games for the expanded market, which both are quality games like We Ski, Family Trainer, Fragile and Klonoa. ESPECIALLY KLONOA, who cares if its a remake! I didnt play this gem before now I have chance to play it! <3

Agree. Having both core and casual games is the way to go IMO. Games for both audiences. I like what Namco is doing too. But as for smaller companies like Marvelous and such I'd say just make core games only since they're not very big and they don't need teams for both :)

Marvelous will be the next Squeenix I could say, I even bet on it :) Theyre just a publisher though so they have no internal teams to develop their own games :(

Anyway, I think the main focus of Nintendo right now are the small 3rd parties and the ones that really support the Wii like Namco Bandai, Hudson, SEGA, Marvelous, Arika, Tecmo, etc... than the big third parties like Konami and Squeenix. And it should be fair, its the perfect time that these small companies should be on the spotlight for once.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

Yes, Japanese devs are going to support the Wii the most. Look even Koei has announced yesterday that Samurai Warriors 3 is coming to the Wii, and possibly gonna be an exclusive.

Capcom is going to support the Wii, starting off the next calendar year I believe, but most of their games will be released in Japan. I was hoping for Tatsunoko and MH3 to come to here but that's not probable. Japanese gamers will love Capcom, US ones not, unless they stop releasing low budget ports and bring the good games here.

Konami isn't going to support the Wii either, they only release shovelware or crappy/delayed multiplat games. Konami is a small dev now anyways, no one really cares for them anymore. They release like 5 games/ year that's terrible.

My most hated Japanese company is SE, which I thought wasn't capable of doing the abomination it did yesterday. They announced a full priced DS port will be coming to the Wii. They clearly want to head towards bankrupcy if they think that supporting the HD consoles is the right choice... Their games only sell well in Japan, so if they want to develop for home consoles they need to develop for the Wii too. I wouldn't be crying if they were only supporting the handhelds, but as we know they aren't. They have tons of HD games coming up, but luckily disastrous crap like Soul Eater bombed very badly this week. I hope they give up supporting the Wii with scraps, crap, spin-offs and lies. They are better dead IMO.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I think TGS will be a good indicator as that is mostly a third party show.

And Soriku, both of the L5 Wii games you mentioned are not even confirmed.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
@tres

MH3 is coming to the US. Just like 2 days ago the dev was hoping MH is be much bigger in the West in a new interview.

As for Konami, I'm positive they'll put Suikoden VI on the Wii. It sells the most in Japan, so I expect it to get the same treatment as MH3, Samurai Warriors 3, etc.

As for SE, can you PLEASE wait? Wii games take 2-3 years to develop, not a few months. You expect major AAA games from them when all their teams are busy? The only reason they're busy is because they announced all those HD games A LONG time ago so you wouldn't expect them to cancel them and just put them on the Wii when they spent all that money. FFCC...that's likely just a test for Wii-DS connectivity. The game looks awesome so I don't get the complaint. You suddenly expect SE to cancel FFCC: TCB,a high budget game that's been in development for years now, to make a DS-Wii game that likely doesn't even cost a whole much to make? That's the dumbest logic I've ever heard. I'd say it's pretty obvious they want to get done with all the FFCC games they just had and release FFCC: TCB info after. NeoGAF (a mod named Dragona who gets info and such confirmed this recently) and IGN already confirmed it wasn't canceled. Give them some time.

*sigh* Its soriku and his antics and his idealistic optimistic post again, Those 3rd parties will never change THEY NEVER WILL. Just read my sig, if you think Ubisoft would never change even though they have chance to change(Shawn Snowboarding, Petz series and Rayman Rabbids series) what more with Squeenix and Konami? They have no mainstream or core games to support them up if there strategy of developing HD consoles are starting to blew them up. Unlike Ubisoft that they could just made another Rayman Rabbids sequel again or Red Steel 2 or Petz series and make new Wii IPs from scratch. Konami and Squeenix have none of that option...

@trestes-----> You put the words on my mouth, thats exactly what I wanna say. Konami and Squeenix is hopeless right now, and theyre in slumps right now because of it, even Metal gear Solid 4 and Final fantasy XIII for god knows when will it come out will not save them this time...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@Rol: I try my best :D

I exaggerate sometimes, it's fun ;)

@Soriku: TGS will show what Konami and SE are going to do about the Wii. We have to wait 10 days (or less?)

@yushire: Good to see I'm not the only one ^^

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Rol: I try my best :D

I exaggerate sometimes, it's fun ;)

@Soriku: TGS will show what Konami and SE are going to do about the Wii. We have to wait 10 days (or less?)

@yushire: Good to see I'm not the only one ^^

TGS starts October 9th and ends on the 12th.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.