By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So this is how Nintendo treats it's loyal customers?!

Something happened today. I woke up in a generally good mood. I had a productive day. I watched a good movie tonight. I went on the internet to check some e-mail. However this is where my day takes a dramatic turn. Splattered all over every videogaming website is...Nintendo. Not the everyday Nintendo. Not the core abondoning Nintendo. Not the destroyers of gaming Nintendo. Not the laughingstock of e3 Nintendo. This was a Nintendo devoid of every steriotype they had been given since the Wii started selling like lap dances at Comic Con. This was...not possible.

Before my eyes are niche titles, long forgotten franchises, Japanese development at it's finest and a conglomeration of Nintendo and third party titles made for...us. The little guy. The one Nintendo was supposed to be moving away from. The oft forgotten, long standing Nintendo fan was being catered to. Possible. Not in this world. Not with the destroyer of worlds Nintendo. Yet somehow it was coming true. It came true.

Like a crispness in the cold air, decorations hanging from pine trees, and people pretending to like eachother for 24 hours, this feels like a day of gift giving, and I'm recieving. A new Nintendo DS you say? Yes please. How about my NES childhood reimagined in a new Punch Out? I accept with cream and two scoops of sugar. A niche, low selling cult classic like Sin and Punishment getting a sequel? I suppose now that we are living in the Twilight Zone this makes sense. A classic platformer from two generations ago intact and still in 2D? I did miss you Klonoa. Gamecube re-releases? A storage solution? Big boy Wii versions of DS' staple franchises? A Nintendo made RPG? New games with space men and adventurous women? Why does this Nintendo not taste like a bologna sandwich? Why do I feel suddenly like someone swapped my plate out for a 9inch porterhouse steak with a baked potato? To drop the metaphors, why can I no longer find anything to complain about Nintendo with?

The third party software has been announced. Japan is on board and ready to kick it with the big N. It is no longer a matter of if, it's a matter of release dates. A shift in support is happening. How much it affects each company is up in the air at this point, but it looks like the shift is focusing in on Nintendo and their two Gamecubes duct taped together.

What's more shocking, more impossible, more absolutely astounding is Nintendo is giving us the conference and the games that were thought to be buried in the past after a not-so-fun-filled e3. Yet here we are, 2 1/2 months later basking in the golden rays of the Nintendo sunrise. Here we are at the conference for us. Here we are at the crossroads with Nintendo showing us there is enough room for eveybody to be happy. There doesn't need to be compromises. Whatever buzzwords one wants to use to represent the different markets, we can all get our software in the Nintendo aisle.

Iwata, you did good today. You remind me of the faith healers on public access TV, only not a con artist. Today you made a cripple walk again. A blind man can now see. That little boy with the nervous twitch is shake free. The boy meets the girl and all is right in the world. Nintendo has done good today, and I have nothing to complain about...until the next screw up that is. ;)

Sooo...what are eveybody else's thoughts? Happy or sad?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Huppy.. vury huppy...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

It wasn't that great. But we still have another conference to go (tomrrow) and TGS coming up.

Sin and Punishment 2 :'(

Good post, I read all of it. And I agree with you

Anyway, this is only a half of what Ninty is storing for us there are more on the way. We dont knew what western third parties are in store for us

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I guess Nintendo finally figured out that they are big enough to have their own event like Blizzard has Blizzard Invitational and Blizzcon.

When you have your own event of course that you keep all your good stuff for it.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
It wasn't that great. But we still have another conference to go (tomrrow) and TGS coming up.

It's an exaggeration, blonde chick with nice body. Two more conferences to go, or one if tomorrow's is a repeat. There will be more, and it will be good. Have faith and keep up the stomach crunches.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

It's an exaggeration, blonde chick with nice body. Two more conferences to go, or one if tomorrow's is a repeat. There will be more, and it will be good. Have faith and keep up the stomach crunches.

I don't think tomorrow's will be a repeat. Most of it was pretty Japanese centric.
I think they'll show off the Motion+ tomorrow... and maybe Kid Icarus :3

Well, hear the story from a sony loyalist (who ownes a DS instead of a PSP, and a PS3) in order to get a better view on the whole nintendo conference.

I couldnt stay up last night in order to read the live blogging of the conference (cause it was so late here in lebanon), so i waited till the morning,
Today i woke up afraid of some sort of MEGATON anouncments (a la FFXIII for 360) that could ruin my day and even my week, (i still feel betrayed about FF launching on 360 as well), i've opened my 2 first regular sites (VGchartz and Kotaku), searching for any tainted information, i was confident that KH3 will be announced exclusive to wii,, but for my greatest pleasure not a single game that makes me envy wii owners got announced today, sin and punishement was great on the N64 but i was a PS1 owner,, and announcemnts regarding DSi were rumoured for a long time, so there were no chock announcemnts.

So as a PS3 owner, i survived another day, hoping that sony will have several megaton announcments at TGS, anything less is not acceptable anymore by PS3 owners.

I dont want to flame any war, but if i was a Wii owner and supporter, this day could have been a major disppointemnt for me !

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Waaaah! Nintendo ruined everything I loved about them at E3! Nintendo killed my father, raped my kids, and physically abused me!

Anyone remember these babies back at E3? This is why Nintendo doesn't give a damn about E3 people!

hayeya_k said:

Well, hear the story from a sony loyalist (who ownes a DS instead of a PSP, and a PS3) in order to get a better view on the whole nintendo conference.

I couldnt stay up last night in order to read the live blogging of the conference (cause it was so late here in lebanon), so i waited till the morning,
Today i woke up afraid of some sort of MEGATON anouncments (a la FFXIII for 360) that could ruin my day and even my week, (i still feel betrayed about FF launching on 360 as well), i've opened my 2 first regular sites (VGchartz and Kotaku), searching for any tainted information, i was confident that KH3 will be announced exclusive to wii,, but for my greatest pleasure not a single game that makes me envy wii owners got announced today, sin and punishement was great on the N64 but i was a PS1 owner,, and announcemnts regarding DSi were rumoured for a long time, so there were no chock announcemnts.

So as a PS3 owner, i survived another day, hoping that sony will have several megaton announcments at TGS, anything less is not acceptable anymore by PS3 owners.

I dont want to flame any war, but if i was a Wii owner and supporter, this day could have been a major disppointemnt for me !

So announcements are only teh megatons if it involves Square Enix?